Friday, August 8, 2014


Few folks realize that Birchthorn is NOT just a book. You are not paying for just a book! Folks who join the pledge get invited to a blog where they read the story as it is written, a chapter at a time. Then there will be discussions, advice, theories, and reader input on what may happen next! It is a book written by a community; a mystery I get to choreograph but not create alone!

You are pledging for the experience to help create a story that could sit on your bookshelf in a year, something you not only helped creat but could actually be a character in. I am so excited to write this but still need to gather another 72% of the pledges so I ask that you share this with everyone you know if you haven't already!

In two days the kickstarter for Birchthorn has 44 Backers already! I can't thank you enough! Here's what your pledge means might happen if I reach my goal!

1. I'll be a writer with a mission, a deadline, a project again! Or as otherwise called: employed! Thank you for the purpose you give, the sense of duty to create a story, and your anticipation for the suspense!

2. The money earned will pay for the publishing and distribution of this Kickstarter only book. You will not see birchthorn in bookstores any time soon! This is how you get a hard copy in your hands, the very first edition! And you are a part of it!

3. The small advance included will help this farm in ways you can not imagine and take a weight off my shoulders of some heaviness. This book deal will literally save my farm, keeping it out of threat of foreclosure.

4. Even a dollar pledge is a sign of kindness and faith, and I hope all who can and want to donate do, and soon! It is over in 13 days!

P.S. YOU DONT NEED TO HAVE THE PLEDGE MONEY NOW TO PLEDGE! Pledges are not billed until and unless I reach my goal in 13 days! so even if you pledge tonight you will not be billed until you give your consent after the project has reached the goal!

P.P.S. I'm going to be promoting the heck out of this until the two weeks are over! Buckle up!



Blogger bookkm said...

OK. I think I already sent in some money for this - after the first few chapters were posted. May I be invited to the blog? Or must I pledge through the kickstarter? It was a year or more ago.

August 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Back two or three winters ago I tried doing this as a pay-by-chapter project but now it is another animal all together - this is for the entire book and not a story pot. So if you want to help write and create the whole story - yes, it is a brand new project!

August 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger RaineyDewey said...

Do you have to use a Facebook account to log-on the Kickstarter? I just ditched FB and would like to become a part of the Birchthorn project but see no other way to log-on.

August 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger RaineyDewey said...

Rainey again... never mind I figured it out. :-)

August 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home