Wednesday, July 30, 2014

For Flocks Sake!


A few days ago I posted about a reader who lost her flock to some serious predators. A friend of hers told me on Facebook he was going to start a crowd funding project to help replace the birds and build a proper coop. Well he did what he promised and today I was emailed a link to this site. If you have a dollar to spare, help a person in this community get back to the good life and start over. They have already made over half their goal in just a few hours! Click Here To Help!

4 Comments:

Blogger Indi said...

In your book, One Woman Farm, you mention you like coyotes because they remove foxes.

The ones in Indiana don't seem to do that. I have seen both foxes and coyotes in my yard. The coyotes however, attempted to remove some people's pets......

July 31, 2014 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I do like coyotes! And certainly there is overlap between periods, usually they ebb and flow heavily from one population to another, and when the song dogs are up the foxes are down.

and yes, watch out barn cats!

July 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Carlos Rodriguez said...

“Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger blind irish pirate said...

Indi, I'm from Indiana, too, and we had a coyote practically on our back porch advancing on my dog. Not that my dog was backing down, either. If my husband hadn't stepped out of the barn when he did, I don't know what would have happened. Nothing good.

I don't mind the coyotes... until they want to play teeth tag with my dog. But everything I've read about coyote control does not sound actually anymore sustainable than just discouraging them from being in your yard/field/whatever.

August 1, 2014 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home