Saturday, July 19, 2014


It is not easy taking pictures of lambs, but I did my best for now. Just wanted to share an update on little Brianna, Maude's surpirse daughter and the current Diva-in-training at Cold Antler Farm. She is quite the combination! Half wool sheep and half meat sheep, she is turnining into a sass blaster with little devil horns and a winning smile. She still comes when called, is still ignored by her mother, and has outgrown all the other ewe lambs born this year! She is a doll, and I am mighty proud of her. May she do a grand job of adding more ewes to the flock, turning hay into warm hats and scarves, and teaching future generations the meaning of adorable.


Blogger Sara said...

What a beautiful young girl! What would her wool be like since she is a mixed breed? Do you notice a difference already compared to the other ewes? She looks like she will produce wonderful wool!

July 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger sandalfoot said...

I have dreamed of having a lamb, or lambs, but the animal would be so very threatened by the wildlife here. Brianna is for sure adorable!

July 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Sam Sheehan said...

I forgot Maude had a daughter! What a darling!

July 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I want to kiss her nose

July 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

That stance!!! She looks like a little show lamb. Or part of a Little Miss Cold Antler Farm Pageant.

July 20, 2014 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

She's so pretty. And she is big. Those single lambs are always so much bigger than the others. I bet she's a spoiled little girl though. Thanks for the update on her!

July 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

She's very pretty. Can't wait to see your knitting projects from her wool. I love knitting with hand spun yarn. Btw, I got a copy of Viking Patterns for Knitting from the library. Love it!

July 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Mary Schroeder said...

What an awesome lamb! I love the personality you put to your sheep. They are true characters and I look forward to reading more about Brianna.

July 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Tanya T said...

She's so pretty! I just want to hug all that fluffiness.

July 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home