Wednesday, June 4, 2014

2 Spots already gone!

October 18th-19th 2014! Two days of homesteading fellowship, workshops, conversations, campfires, animals, horses in harness, axes, crosscut sawing, logging with horses, herbalism, sourdough bread starting, chickens, sheep,  and MORE! Come see gorgeous Washington County New York (home state of the legend of sleepyhollow) in OCTOBER!

For those of you not familiar with this event, every October for the past few years (save last year) I have hosted a weekend-long small homesteading festival here at the farm. It has activities that go all day and is ran by myself and my friend, Brett. Brett is a farmer, builder, blacksmith, lumberjack, horse man, pork raiser, gardener, author, and college professor. Between the two of us there is always something going on, along with many side speakers and classes explaining areas outside my expertise (such as herbalism, home brewing, etc). Every day starts early at 9Am and goes into the late afternoon. Saturday night there is a campfire, lit by pumpkins we carved during the day.

Only 18 Spots Left, $200 a person, once sold out the spots are gone! Ask questions if you have any. I can share that this is not an event for children, and you can't bring your pets. But there are a lot of local lodging options, good small-town restaurants, and other comfy accommodations. If you are interested, please email me for more details and how to sign up! I personally plan on teaching about chickens, traditional archery, life with a dairy animal, and I will look to see if any local general or master falconers will talk about falconry (I can not do educational events as an apprentice). Brett covers forest management, traditional tools of that trade, ax throwing, orchard keeping, cider pressing (we take apples right out of the trees and press them!) and I bet I could get him to talk about his pork tractors. I already got the confirmation about herbalism and Sourdough bread baking! It is shaping up!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home