Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Piglets Today!

This afternoon I am heading to meet farm friends Ejay and Kim to pick up two piglets they scored for me! I'm very excited to have pigs back on the farm, and animal I am learning to appreciate more and more. When pigs aren't here there seems to be a hole in the farm that unsettles me. Hogs are comforting, they really are. It's security in every sens. They do their part on this farm and I have learned so many ways to cook and enjoy pork, ham, and bacon since having a constant rotating supply. So this is certainly a reason to celebrate!

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

We started our piglets about 2 weeks ago. They were hard to come by because of the porcine epidemic diarrhea virus. They cost a pretty penny too but we'll be happy to have them in the freezer come October. how much did you have to pay for your porkers?

May 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Cat H said...

Yay!! We bought a 1/4 share - can't wait to have CAF pork in the freezer again. It doesn't last very long...I'm thinking next time it may be a whole share. lol

May 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Andrea Mabee said...

Oh I am so excited for you! Looking forward to updates!

May 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Andrea Mabee said...

I am excited for you! I look forward to the updates!

May 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

Do you use your pigs to help dig up/fertilize land at all? I can't remember how much growing land you have there on your mountainside.

May 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Cat, you will love it!

May 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

T - I don't, right now I have small square raised beds and the pigs would do more damage than help!
Someday!

May 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

These were $100 each. Everyone's prices are up.

May 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home