Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Windy Rides

Yesterday the long weekend of Horse Adventuring continued with a seven-mile drive in the wind! The weather was changing and our geldings were out of shape from the long, cold, winter. But we took it slow and walked and trotted our boys over farm, field, road, and highway alike. The wind whipped at their manes and I was grateful for the string that held down my straw hat!


Blogger Kris said...

I love Steele's plodding along in no hurry at all, no particular place to go and all the time in the world to do it, gait. So cool! And Merlin, with main flying in the wind. Just a beautiful sight. Thank you.

April 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger T. Crockett said...

Thanks for bringing us along. I love that clip clop sound of the hooves.

April 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I'm curious, does Merlin have a preference of saddle vs. cart?

April 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Paradise Found Farmgirl said...

Hey there! You got a forecart! I am looking to buy one soon. How do you like it versus your lighter red roadcart? Especially on the road?

April 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Alison: I think it has to do with length of travel. Over longer distances it is easier to pull a cart than carry a rider, but for short trips or anything under 6 miles I like riding. It's lighter all around, faster, and it suits my spirit more. I also feel safer on top of a horse than in a machine behind it. And since I am more at ease on Merlin than behind him I think he prefers riding too!

April 17, 2014 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Not my forecart, borrowed Patty's. But I do wish I had one!

April 17, 2014 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home