Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Living Room

That's a weird term, isn't it? Living Room. James Howard Kunstler said it best when he said "We called it that because it's where the TV lives..." but some gathering rooms truly are full of life. I like to think the little Hob Keep at Cold Antler lives up to its name. A lot of life happens here. Animals are everywhere - inside and out. Heat comes from the firewood, another living thing. There is live music in this room, and lamplight, and candle flickering. And in this wonderful photo by my good friend Tara there is proof positive that while many living rooms out there are of the well-groomed and domesticated varieties a few of us have gone feral. Which makes me grin like a wolf.

photo by Tara of Goingslowly.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Angela Cagle said...

Amen! I often find myself explaining, justifying, or making excuses for the "nontraditional" way in which I live to my suburban dwelling coworkers. I have to stop myself and remember that I couldn't imagine living the encapsulated, sterile environment in which they choose to live. I am at peace with dirty feet, ashes and wood chips on the floor, baby chicks in a brooder in one corner and a bottle fed goat kid bouncing thru my living space. That is heaven to me!

April 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger time4trees.mb said...

The lamb is too cute!

April 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Kelsie said...

Huge congrats, Jenna!! I'll take an extra swig of bourbon right now, in your honor. ;)

April 23, 2014 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Kelsie said...

Huge congrats, Jenna! I'll take an extra swig of bourbon right now, in your honor. ;)

April 23, 2014 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger aart said...

The living room is where you live-spend most of your time...everyone's looks different. Tho a lot of folks want theirs to look like what the
home 'design' magazines think they should look like....but I think the majority bends another way, we just don't see them in the mass media.

April 24, 2014 at 5:57 AM  
Blogger Kelsie said...

Oops--that bourbon comment was meant for your Nautilus award, but congrats on having an awesome living room, too. :)

April 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

There's something appropriate about that deer looking down on the other 4 legged creatures

April 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home