Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cruel Staff

I will never be a cat person. Their nature is too aloof, too indulgent, too cruel, and too selfish for my taste. But I do respect these little beasts. It takes an aloof, indulgent, cruel and selfish animal to do the work they do around here - which is to kill as many mice and barn rats as possible. Before I had cats I had mice in the house and rats in the barn. Now I rarely have either. A lot less voles, sparrows, and baby squirrels too! So I appreciate cats and take care of my boys, Boghadair and Yeti, but they remain employees. I think they are content with the arrangement.


Blogger Maggie in Tally said...

I've heard it said that dogs have Masters and cats have Staff. Around my house, that's about right. And by golly sometimes the staff (moi) is not living up to expectations! Hmph!

April 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger PansWife said...

I stopped being a cat fan when our neighbor's cat killed the last whippoorwill pair in our area. That was five years ago and I haven't heard one since, and I miss them terribly.

April 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

They are ruthless, aren't they? I'm sorry about your whippoorwills. I know cats can show affection and be sweet, but I stand by my previous statement that any houscat would eat its owner in a heartbeat if it weighed 400 pounds.

April 9, 2014 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Maggie, you are made of tougher stuff than I!

April 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Myers said...

I have had some of the closest friendships with cats over the years. i find dogs too needy. I like my cats ability to do their own thing, then come and find me when they want some lovin

April 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Sort of a goofy video, but have you seen Christian the lion?


People who have known real cat-love don't agree with you.

April 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Goofy video, but have you seen Christian the Lion meeting his old owners?


Having known real cat-love, I can't agree with you.

April 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home