Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Old Girl

Maude is the old girl, my oldest sheep. She's a purebred Border Leicester and knows it. She was one of the original three sheep I ever got (a trade for fiddle lessons). She came with Salvator and Marvin, both of them were half Romney and I don't think Maude ever let them forget it. Now Maude is in her ninth year and while she has never birthed a lamb she still sticks around. Partially because she produced wool and partially because I worry she may do me in with some quick shiv work if I dared try to eat her. Don't let that placid smile fool you. She's a tiger.


Blogger Jenna said...

I just deleted the comments here by accident! I am sorry! please repost!

March 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger WoodsForestHome said...

I think I said something like I love this variety of sheep and glad to see Maude is handling winter well, but by now she knows how it's done :-)


March 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM  
OpenID Sheepy Hollow said...

Ohhhh yummy...nice staple length with lots of crimp!!! I recently just lost one of my 'retired' girls at age 14 [stink'n winter!].

March 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home