Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Snap Pea Challenge Starts Today!

Ready, Set, PLANT! Yes today we are fighting against the cold, the snow, the fickle bitch that is March and planting food. I'll be posting more about container gardening later on today with a talk about soil and cake (it'll make more sense when you read it) but for the now I wanted to encourage you to get out those seeds, peat pots, and planters and get some snap peas (or any peas) in the good black earth. If you want to wait for the post tonight explaining the best way to go about it that's fine but I no matter what, get those seeds planted!

Whose with me?!


Blogger Maya Currie said...

I am.

March 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I already have broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and onions planted and under lights. I suppose I can do some peas tonight.

Here in Nebraska the daffodils are just breaking the soil. Spring will come.

March 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Deltaville Jamie said...

I'm planting peas tonight with my son, and I put in my order at Annie's for the rest of the garden

March 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Katlyn said...

Planted mine this morning right after chicken chores and a walk to watch the sun come up. So ready for spring!

March 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger mdoe37 said...

I'm in....for planting in a pot anyway. The snow is receding some, but that drift over the garden is still three feet.

March 11, 2014 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger lemontreelane said...

will plant later with the kids. they're too busy playing (co-operatively!!) at the moment...

March 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger lemontreelane said...

will plant later with the kids. they're too busy playing (co-operatively!!) at the moment...

March 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger RayMan said...

Me too! In central Florida, I've harvested all of the broccoli, the Fall planting of the tomatoes. Cucumbers tomatoes, onions are almost ready to pull, lettuce and yellow snap beans are just breaking ground. Asparagus patch is 3-4 feet high already.
So ... I'm way ahead of you!

Keep on planting whatever will grow wherever you are.

March 11, 2014 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Susan Mrenna said...

I'm planting today!

March 11, 2014 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Tracey Hancock said...

I'm in! But I thought we needed to soak them overnight? Waiting for further instructions! :-)

March 11, 2014 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger By Candlelight Farm said...

Me, too!

March 11, 2014 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger daisy g said...

I'm reseeding the ones that didn't come up last week. Does that count? ;0)

March 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger katrina hall said...

9 pm 11 March - planted Burpee Sugar Snaps that expired 2013, trying anyway:) I plan to talk to my seeds and seedlings, experiment. Terrible soil where I live, but never give up trying to plant a garden.

March 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

I did it! I did the thing! And there are trees blossoming with little pink flowers all around my neighborhood! Spring, you guys! SPRIIIING!

March 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Tanya T said...

I will plant mine today, a day late but it will get done!

March 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Susannah Sanford said...

I didn't comment on the first post, but here I am! I put in seeds this morning for two varieties of peas and two heirloom varieties of looseleaf lettuce. It's about the right time where I am. I didn't soak them because I don't want them to germinate too quickly in the unpredictable mid-atlantic weather. Container gardening on a patio of an apartment is going to be fun!

March 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home