Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Guest Room

When I moved into the farmhouse this was the previous resident's main bedroom. I can't blame them either, just look at that morning light! The rear window looks over the barnyard and the side window faces east, letting in the morning light. It is a guest room now. The room next to it has new carpeting and a big comfy bed and that has become my abode. But this room remains with clean sheets and a small desk for any guests that may visit.

I woke up to the sun shining and it really got me into a better mood. I don't know what it is about daylight that makes fear slip away so fast. This morning I felt the change in temperature, the near tropical weather (almost 40 today!!), and decided to get the chores done, house cleaned, and get myself dressed up like I was going out on a date. I find that if you get ready for the day with the same enthusiasm as if you were getting ready for a rock concert you rarely are disappointed at the results. You carry yourself differently, which makes people treat you differently, which is almost always better since you have a little more confidence. Smile at strangers and walk with a sweet dog and you might as well hand me a baling twine tiara. Oh, the fine gifts of sunlight after a very long winter, a hot shower, and some eyeliner.... bless 'em.

I thought I'd share some domestic photos today. Photos of my life and corners of my living space while I work on some sewing. I think all the cloak orders are out but some folks are still waiting so please email me if you have not received yours yet. Working on two today for sure. '

7 Comments:

Blogger rabbit said...

As someone who has slept in that room I wanted to comment on how while waking up to the sun is lovely-I enjoyed waking up to the sound of the well and the rain and seeing the foggy barnyard in the grey ether too.... Then I read the previous owner's comment, got goosebumps, and will be camping in the yard the next time I visit!

February 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Mrs. Miller, I removed that comment because I dont' even want to think about it. Please refrain from posting aything like that again, I live alone here and never experienced anything remotely spooky.

I am stressed out and having a hard enough time sleeping as it is.

Plus, the last thing I need is guests sleeping in the yard, geez.

February 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Marylyn Miller said...

I'm sorry, Jenna. You didn't seem to me to be the type of person who would be afraid. Although, all I know about you is the blog. It was NOT spooky just FYI. Quite the opposite in fact. But I sure will refrain.

February 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I didn't mean to sound rude! but I am supersitious and live alone and always felt like I was protected and safe and blessed here. Eveything you hung on the trees, barns, on windows or anywhere stayed here as a continuation of whatever energy you put into them. I really love this place. and glad to hear it sounds like you felt the same way :)

February 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Marylyn Miller said...

We both absolutely loved living there. I was heartbroken to have to leave but being our age, we could not handle the snow anymore. I have not a doubt in my mind that you are protected, safe and blessed there. We were. I'm glad you kept our good energy because it was all love with us.

February 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

That means a lot to me! Thank you!

February 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger rabbit said...

I was only kidding about sleeping in the yard-sorry. When I have visited I slept very well and never had an inkling of anything and I'm fairly intuned

February 22, 2014 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home