Monday, February 3, 2014

Photographic Evidence

...That July did exist! It happened right here on this farm! There was a time when grass was so lush it needed constant mowing and animals used the lawn like pasture. There was cold spring water flowing free and a black horse that didn't look like a wooly mammoth with a saddle on its back. There was sunshine, tee shirts, and long days of fiddle and banjo tunes. There was hay cutting and fireflies, thunderstorms and sweet tea. There was all the goodness I took for granted, the way we all do by July. I sure am looking forward to the springtime ahead, a first for me. I can't wait for warmer days. I just need to survive April, worst month of the year. We'll make it. We did it before and I have the photo to prove it!


Blogger Andrea Ostapovitch said...

It is feeling like summer happened in a dream. I love to remind myself of how it felt to live in July by looking back at my photos too. Keep warm!

February 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Ohiofarmgirl said...

ha! yep we all have this. i was talking about it over a my place and looking at pix of the garden during summer. but for now we have snow over ice and a winter storm warning for tomorrow. we can do this... right? RIGHT? all together now, 'come ON spring!'

February 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Brinkley Allen said...

I'm very much ready for spring and summer. The snow just keeps coming down and it feels like the never-ending Winter around here.

February 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

It's bad when even you are casting an okay eye at April.

I really miss green.

February 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home