Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Clan Thrives!

Clan Cold Antler is an idea I came up with to support the farm and create a new revenue stream. It's not an original idea by any means, it is inspired by The MSB over at The Survival Podcast. So what is Clan Cold Antler? It's a Farm Support Membership Club and it comes with some serious perks! You can read the full post about what comes with the membership at this link. But I thought I would share what is going on over at the Clan Member Blog for those who are on the fence about signing up:

- Personal essays about spirituality, finances, and relationships
- Photos of inside the Farm House
- Previews of upcoming books, projects, and sneak peaks
- A friendly and open atmosphere for discussion
- The "real deal" with running a public blog
- Dealing with trolls
- Discounts on workshops and Indie Days
- Giveaways!
- And more!

Clan Cold Antler was created to both help me keep this farm, but to also offer a thank you to the folks who support my writing, life, and the animals I care for through a monthly subscriptions or an annual fee. This is so cruicial to keeping me in sleep, sanity, and safety. Right now in my life this place is a struggle and I need all the assistance the online community can offer. I am not ashamed to say that, not at all. I am working towards a creative life and there isn't an artist, author, playwright or musician in history that made a career out of their art without patrons. But this isn't Shakesphere's time or even twenty years ago when a book deal could mean a year's salary. I haven't received royalty checks in over a year and the last one was for under three hundred dollars, so modern day Creatives need to figure out new ways of making a living. The vegetable farmer sells his vegetables at the market. The cattle rancher sells you steaks. The word farmer sells you words, be it book, blog, or magazine on the rack. While Cold Antler Farm will always remain a free blog the Clan is a place for supporters of my life - which is my artwork in the world. And if you want to join the clan, pay for someone else's gift subscription, or simply just send an email rooting for this gal - please do not hesitate. I need it. The farm needs it. And as long as there is support and interest I will keep farming those words. So Join the Clan! Email me at jenna@itsafarwalk.com

7 Comments:

Blogger sarah e blog said...

does this include some birchthorn?? i miss it and think it should be a novel..the novel of life that may take you years..but i yearn to read about that time of life with mystery interwoven..?

January 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger sarah e blog said...

does the clan..include birch thorn? i miss the writings of it..i crave the history and your take on the world in which you live..with mystery interwoven..love love love it..pls jenna do let me know..i need more birch thorn!

January 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Wellfleetgal said...

I cannot access clan cold antler, even by going to your regular blog, or searching for it through blogger/blogspot

January 4, 2014 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Are there any current clan members who would like to speak up about the value/enjoyment of their membership?

Just looking for more feedback before considering joining.

January 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Red Beard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Wellfleetgal said...

Can anyone help me get into Clan Cold Antler?
I have a membership but cannot access the site.

January 9, 2014 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger By Candlelight Farm said...

Me, too; I have a membership but cannot access the site! Help!

Elizabeth at By Candlelight Farm

April 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home