Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sleigh Bells Ring!

I had such a beautiful, blessed, and warm day today! The farm is riding out the storm with everyone safe, warm, and happy. All is well here. I have a fire keeping the house in the sixties, warm wool blankets (whoever mailed me the pink tulip blanket, please email me because it is so wonderful and my main source of night warmth!), a crock pot of stew full of goodness from friends farms and my slippers on. Tonight I am watching the first Hobbit movie in anticipation of the new film (haven't seen it yet, it's been to cold for 5-hour travel) and I have a tall glass of my favorite adult beverage: a Haymason. What's a Haymason? It's a pint mason jar with ice half filed with hard cider and the other half whiskey. It is wonderful.

So my snowday was spent seeing to the critters, working upstairs, and then a nice break for a sleigh ride and coffee over at Patty and Mark's farm with Steele! It was so great to be the only other living thing besides deer breaking trails in her fields! The four of us rode, sang carols, and listened to Steele's bells as he trotted across the landscape. What an amazing day surrounded by amazing friends. Tonight I go to bed tired and happy, thanks to all of you.

16 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Always love it when you give us a glimpse of Steele or Merlin pulling away. Went on a slay ride a few weekends ago with friends and couldn't help but remember how you pointed out the bells jingle the tune "Jingle Bells"...it's true--wonderful stuff!

December 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

How beautiful Jenna!! Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your ride!!

December 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Glad you had a great day:)

December 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Elle Cashen said...

Sounds wonderful! I love raiding about your adventures!

December 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Elle Cashen said...

I love reading about your adventures! Thank you for sharing!

December 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Maine homesteader said...

Have you heard of "thrummed mittens"? It might be a fun ptoject for a knitting workshop.

December 16, 2013 at 4:37 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the "Santa" blanket Steele is wearing.

December 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the "Santa" blanket Steele is wearing.

December 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger daisy g said...

Looks like a magical day! Enjoy the snow for me (I'm in Florida).

December 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Inna Deineko said...

Thank you for sharing the info. I love to read your posts!

----------------------------
Inna
<a href="http://bs-agro.com>Agriculture in the Black Sea Region</a>

December 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Tessa~ said...

Thank you for sharing!

I'd love to take a sleigh ride, but doubt I ever will.

Thank you for taking me along, with you and your friends.

Tessa~
(Over in Saratoga County)

December 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger sarah e blog said...

you made your dream happen and inspired soo many of us to do the same, here's to all us farmers and homesteaders, keeping it real, to a good winter with all the its hardships,,and blessings..and to you jenna.. for thoroughly infecting me with barnheart..this is one disease people should want to spread!

December 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger sarah e blog said...

you made your dream happen and inspired soo many of us to do the same, here's to all us farmers and homesteaders, keeping it real, to a good winter with all the its hardships,,and blessings..and to you jenna.. for thoroughly infecting me with barnheart..this is one disease people should want to spread!

December 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I can see it in my mind by your vivid description. Gotta say, that haymason sounds great!

December 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I can see it so clearly, your words are so vivid. I gotta say that haymason sounds great! Glad to see the comments back on, always enjoyed the conversation. Don't let the haters get you down. There are so many of us who are glad to "know" you and what you strive to do everyday. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

December 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger PattyW said...

Tessa- you're not that far away!

December 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home