Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmastime!



A large box came in the mail this week, and I have no idea who from. It was from a saddlery and inside were several gorgeous saddle pads and horse blankets! It was a wonderful gift for the horses and me, and I will surely use it! I thank whoever it was that sent it. I thought I would share a video of my Christmas Eve Ride with Merlin yesterday, sporting a red pad that came with that haul and jingle bells. It was wonderful to be back on that horse again.

Also in the mail came Meredith Socks (!), coffee, cards, candy, blankets, and stories. Friends stop by from as far away as Germany and as close as next door! The last two days were filled with gifts, kids, chores, cookies, board games, hawk training, and playing music by the fire. I feel so lucky and blessed to have this little scrappy farm be the meeting place of so many wonderful people.

Later today I hope to harness up Merlin in the cart with bells on and ride to some neighbors with some small gifts for the day. I figure it can't hurt to spread a little holiday cheer and I have a beautiful red wool cape which should suit this day with a blue sky and highs in the twenties!

I wish you nothing but a Merry Christmas and hope you all are safe, warm, well fed and content on this day. There are plenty of other days to fuss with the stresses in this world, let today instead be one of good tidings and cheer!

19 Comments:

Blogger DarcC said...

Merry Christmas Jenna!

December 25, 2013 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger 3 Dogs Barking Farms said...

Merry Xmas Jenna! Hope you have a wonderful day.

December 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger time4trees.mb said...

Merry Christmas Jenna!

December 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger time4trees.mb said...

Merry Christmas Jenna!

December 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger daisy g said...

Have a wonderful day, Jenna! I got an autographed copy of One Woman Farm this morning! Whoo-hoo!
Continued blessings in the new year.
daisy

December 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger PansWife said...

Merry Christmas, Jeanna!
I got a real kick out of seeing a Gucci ad box on your blog. If you make any money from my clicking on it, I will be happy to click and click and click...they can afford a few donations to your venture.

December 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger barbsbirds13 said...

Merry Christmas, Jenna. I am going to leaf through "One Woman Farm" again today to enhance the inspiration of your little farm.

December 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger dazy.mae said...

I'm so glad someone was able to give you a special treat. If I had the financial means I would do the same. So, I too thank the secret giver. Bless your generosity. I also send blessings your way Jenna, you give me a gift each time you post your blog. Thank you for sharing your life. You are a talented writer with insight beyond most. You inspire me to live more simply, take delight in the smaller things life has to offer, and to keep getting my hands dirty (even if those around me are clean as a whistle). Cheers to hard work, dirty hands, and all the other little joys that come with living a life "made from scratch".

December 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

One Woman Farm was under tree this morning! So glad to find this treasure. Have a great day and blessings to you and all the animals.

December 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger edh said...

Merry Christmas, to you and all your four-footed and winged companions! Your blog gives all of us a gift every day, and I thank you most deeply for it! Blessed be.

December 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Bitha said...

Happy Christmas! I am very glad that you have been very blessed, because the blessing you give are many! Have a wonderful day!

December 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Juanita said...

"One Woman Farm" is my Christmas gift from my bu. So glad to continue the written adventure after "Barnheart".

Merry Christmas to you and your animals. Wishing you all well.

December 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh! I wish that I could go riding with you and Merlin. My horse would enjoy the ride on nice Christmas Eve. Jenna, have the best holiday!

December 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Maggie in Tally said...

Merry Christmas, Jenna! May the road rise to meet you in the New Year!

December 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger crazymimi said...

Merry Christmas, Jenna!

December 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thank you for sharing your stories and life.
Merry Christmas Jenna

December 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Karen from CT said...

Merry Christmas Jenna and Happy New Year. Just logging on for the first time since Monday, hence the delay in good wishes. Blessings to you and all your flock.

December 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Merry Christmas, Jenna!!

December 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Plain and Joyful Living said...

Merry Christmas to you - I love your description of your busy home with so many friends visiting.

December 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home