Saturday, March 2, 2013

Silent Auction, Support the Farm

I decided to host a silent auction this weekend as a much-needed fundraiser for the farm. The idea came to me last night, while trying to figure out ways to make things work. I am offering a few things, all of them important to me and hopefully speaking to who I am as an author, dreamer, luckless slinger and wild woman. They will be a part of a silent auction.

There's a hood for a female redtail hawk, one of my own hunting arrows (broadhead, traditionally wrapped), hand-spun and knit wool from Sal (bobbin not included), a stone frog that was found in my yard when I first moved here, a hand knit e-reader case with my initials in antlers, and the fiddle I moved to Vermont with, from Idaho. That last item is really special. It was played in Tennessee, Idaho, Vermont, New York and PA. It has no strings and a broken sound post, it isn't playable anymore. But it is the instrument I loved and became a fiddler on. It would look nice on someone's wall.

To bid you simply email me at with the name of the item you are interested in as the subject line, and in the body of the email the amount you would be willing to offer. On Noon, EST, Sunday I will respond via email to the highest bidder. I will not be responding to any emails save for the highest bidders, but I thank anyone who makes a bid. All items will be shipped this coming week.

And the auction items are......


Blogger Chautauqua said...

Gentle readers, If these items don't interest you but you'd like to help out, please take a moment to click some of the ads along the sidebar - send a few bucks Jenna's way!

March 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Thanks Trish!
To anyone clicking ads, it is the google text and main top ad that do pay-per-click, the ads that change. The perm sponsors appreciate the clicks too!

March 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Lynnanne said...

What size is the hood?

March 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I think 14? it's for a female redtail hawk. It would make a beautiful decoration!

March 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger seagoddess said...

Jenna, have you ever considered turning the farm into a non-profit establishment? You hold workshops, you teach people, etc., so I keep thinking you could get grants for general operating, grants to put on the workshop, etc.

March 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Aw man, I was gone for the weekend and missed all this! I think this is a great idea, and would definitely participate in a silent auction if you had another one.

March 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home