Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise



I love these guys. So much.
And I love this video. So Much.
This song was written in Knoxville Tennessee.

So was I.

When nothing is owed or deserved or expected
And your life doesn’t change by the man that’s elected
If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejected
Decide what to be and go be it

There was a dream and one day I could see it
Like a bird in a cage I broke in
and demanded that somebody free it
And there was a kid with a head full of doubt
So I’ll scream til I die
and the last of those bad thoughts are finally out

11 Comments:

Blogger PansWife said...

It made me think of what is happening is Detroit.

March 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I saw them in Burlington last September - fantastic guys and they gave a great show!!! I love all of their songs!

March 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Elaine Parker said...

Play along, Jenna!
(It's in the same key as the song - it sounds great on my little uke!)

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/the_avett_brothers/head_full_of_doubt_road_full_of_promise_crd.htm

March 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger hayes8705 said...

I love your taste in music. I've been on a total Avett Brothers kick lately and was actually listening to this song earlier today. I love the vulnerability and rawness of their sound.

March 6, 2013 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I too, like the Avett Brothers. My son introduced me to their music and they have made to my list of favorite music to listen to.

March 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Another awesome song, Jenna! Thank you.

March 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Great song & awesome video, thanks for sharing

March 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sorry if this is a repeat!
Great song and awesome video, thanks for sharing!

March 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I love them too - I have all their albums on perpetual repeat on my playlist, along with Mumford and Sons, Lord Huron, Of Monsters and Men, Lumineers and more. I'm totally loving the folky music right now!

March 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger RamblinHome said...

They are really good! I only recently got into their music.

March 7, 2013 at 5:15 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I love it!

March 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home