Thursday, March 21, 2013

Feeling Better

It was not an enjoyable last couple of days, but it's behind me. I am finally on the mend and back to my regular life and plans. I feel tired a little out of sorts (I lost 11 pounds in four days from dehydration), but back towards normal. The farm kept me moving, and kept me from burrowing a hole into some blankets for a week, and thanks to the help of neighbors or good friends the animals stayed fed, watered, milked, and cared for. I am darn lucky to have friends that will show up with diesel and toilet paper...

Today is a big day, with a morning of freelance design work, an afternoon at the post office, and then sitting down to work on my new book for a big chunk of time. By evening chores I'll have a visit from the entire Daughton Clan. They are coming to take home Francis and one of Bonita's kids. I am going from five goats to three, and while that sounds like a decrease it isn't. It's an increase in sanity and realistic expectations of me as one person doing thirty jobs. Two milk goats is absolutely manageable, but not ideal. For me one milk goat is more than enough. So Francis has a new home along with Dorian, who is being renamed Nacho. I decided to keep Bonita's Daughter so I always have a doe from that line in my herd. I adore Bonita. She's sweet, trained to milk like a pro, has great babies without fuss, and produces a gallon of milk a day here. Me, the kids, the pigs, and everyone else who drinks it is thrilled with her. I still have one kid I may keep or sell, a little buckling. If anyone is interested let me know?


Blogger daisy said...

Glad you're feeling better and that you have the support you need around you.

March 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger RamblinHome said...

Wow must have been one badass flu! Good that you're on the mend and getting life back to normal.

March 22, 2013 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Ms. T said...

So glad you're feeling better!


March 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home