Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Advice Taken

I read all your comments and emails about allowing those who offered to help with the farm while I'm sick. Last night I took up Patty's offer to help with chores, and not only did she pull into my driveway at dinnertime with her willing self, but with a truckload of hay! Together we stacked a few bales, fed, watered, milked and fussed with the animals. Having another set of hands made the work go twice as fast. I can't thank her enough. After she left I collapsed on the day bed to some Viking documentary and tried to sleep.

Here in Washington County we're in the middle of a snow storm. Morning chores went slow but all got done. The two goats produced a gallon of milk this morning and it was strained and in the fridge by 9AM. I had two big cheesecloths of hanging chevre in the kitchen but decided to give them to the pigs. They were probably fine to eat, but I wouln't want to offer someone soft cheese that was open to the air of a very ill person's house. The pigs dove in like it was Thanksgiving dinner. If anyone is happy here it is those girls in the barn.

I'm typing on the kitchen eMac while three goat kids play and romp about. Earl is all better, the twins are working on their spinning kicks. Annie is barely tolerating them. Gibson is in heaven. To have livestock to boss around right in his living room is the bee's knees. It doesn't feel like a sick person's house anymore. It feels very much alive and thriving.

So, yes, I am feeling a little better, and I think this morning's hot shower and bottle of fizzy soda are the main reason. That and knowing the worst of it is over. Last night I couldn't sleep and spent most of my upright time walking to the bathroom between cold/hot sweats. But this morning I feel less... explosive. I even made a trip into town. I plan on getting back to work on some editing and freelance today as well. It feels good just to be showered with a plan. The last 48 hours have been rough but I think I'll be back to my normal self in a day or two.

P.S. I know I don't have any control over the pay-per-click ads but has anyone else seen the one about Thai girls looking for marriage?! Yikes.


Blogger Abby said...

Happy to hear you are having a quick recovery!

March 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Maggie in Tally said...

Glad you and Earl are better. Try some yogurt to get your tummy turned over & ticking again.

March 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Patty Woodland said...

You can block ads on adsense if you want. You just go into your dashboard and request control of the ads

March 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I don't want them blocked! every time they are clicked on I get a small cut and it helps the farm. I just wasnt expecting mail order brides...

Now I have one for Back In The Saddle, more appropriate!

March 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

thank guys, hoping to feel a lot better tomorrow!

March 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger kwdiving said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, but don't overdo it right away. These things have away of rebounding and biting you in the butt. Be kind to yourself for a few more days. All good wishes to you!

March 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger DarcC said...

Glad ya'll are feeling better. When you're up to it, video of Gibson with the kids please! Although just imagining the scene makes me smile.

Happy National Agriculture Day!

March 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Glad you and the baby are on the mend! Your living room sounds like the place to be, too fun!!!

March 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger gooddoug said...

It would be fun to figure out what in your writings might have prompted those ads to come up.

March 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Take it slow. Unfortunately did not see the one about the mail order brides - lol! Joe was just asking the other day what a mail order bride was - maybe he saw it??? Hopefully no one will be showing up at my door. ;)

March 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

I thought of you as I was shoveling this morning. I'm so glad you let Patty help.

I second KWDiving's advice too.

March 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger jules said...

When you get a chance, open up your windows and let the fresh air chase out the ill. I know, it's snowing, but it sure will help you feel better and make the house feel less sickly.

Don't overdo for a day or so, even if you are feeling better. But be well, Jenna. You are an inspiration to me.

March 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am so glad that you're feeling better! I love the thought of Gibson taking care of those kids. Take care!

March 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger RamblinHome said...

So happy you're on the mend! Nothing worse than chores and snow to shovel when you feel like crap!

March 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Drew Shiel said...

I think what Patty means is that you can block particular advertisers (by URL) or indeed, particular categories of ad ( from a dropdown). It's a good idea to do this, since people are more likely to click on relevant ads. For my own sites, I generally block dating and pharmaceutical ads.

March 21, 2013 at 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home