Sunday, February 10, 2013

The New Camera

There's a new camera here, my first Canon. It's the EOS Rebel. It costs half a mortgage payment and it took me three days and the manual to learn how to take a picture. It was paid for by the folks who read this blog through contributions, and for that I thank you and will repay you with many, many, images in the years to come! The a long time I have been taking photographs with point and shoots or cell phones, but now I have this advanced tool I am learning to use. I confess I know very little about photography, and even less about how to use this thing—but I am excited to learn enough to maintain fighting weight. I hope the pictures show a clearer and more open view of my life and the farm. I hope you get a better sense for this place and the animals in it (myself included). My friend Tara said she would swap photography lessons for fiddling lessons and I think that is brilliant! Wish me luck, Antlers!

9 Comments:

Blogger kwdiving said...

Congratulations! I am sure you will learn everything you need to very quickly. Now you need a good photo printer and you can sell prints of farm.

February 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Sounds like a great deal. Good luck!

February 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger SouthernHeart said...

Congratulations! The Canon EOS is on my wish list also. Will look forward to seeing lots of photos of your life on the farm!

Blessings,
Dianne
www.sweetjourneyhome.com

February 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM  
OpenID dagnygromer said...

Congratulations on your new camera!

I bought a Nikon D600 in November, it had a scary price tag too. I have a bunch of Nikon lenses going back to the 35mm film days which I can use with this digital body. My photo teacher insisted that I only shoot in manual exposure mode to learn the camera.

February 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Rusty in Miami said...

Congrat you got yourself a great camera, I'm looking forward to see all the great pictures from your farm

February 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Rusty in Miami said...

Congrat you got yourself a great camera, I'm looking forward to see all the great pictures from your farm

February 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger gmar10 said...

Sorry if this is a 2nd post - trouble signing on.

CreativeLive is a great place to learn photography - they are running a class in 7 days for ditigal photography - you can signup and watch for free while it is streamed live - and then purchase for $99 usually if you want to own - but no cost to watch live. Take a peek - enjoy the camera.

http://www.creativelive.com/courses/digitalphotography

February 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Deltaville Jamie said...

I'm planning on getting the rebel once I get my tax refund. I've been drooling over it for several years

February 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM  
OpenID Lois the Librarian said...

I have this camera, too, and I love it!

Enjoy yours and I'll be watching!

February 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home