Thursday, December 13, 2012

Driving Forces

Merlin isn't home at the farm right now. He's over at Livingston Brook Farm having a little fun at camp while Patty and I spend some time working on our driving. It's more fun to practice and learn when other folks are harnessing up. It's also safer going out with others, and in my case, others with a lot more experience.

Yesterday a few of the Daughton boys and their mom Cathy came along and joined us for the training ride. Her homeschooled boys got a heck of a classroom that day! Little Seth and his brother Ian got to learn how to harness, ground drive, and even take the reins (under Patty's watchful eyes) and do a little driving in the buckboard. It was a cold, but beautiful afternoon and I got to watch it all happen from the rig behind them. Merlin did well and I feel like I am really starting to understand then motto of our Draft Club: The more you use them, the better they are. And the better they are, the more you use them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Thumbs up for homeschooling. 8 years homeschooling oldest son and now I am homeschooling 4 year old. Love that hsing allows spontaneous education.
I gotta get a horse:)

December 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home