Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Little On Ads

I have been getting questions about the types of ads on the blog. There are two types, both important to the farm. There are ones that companies go out of their way to sponsor me, folks like the JC Campbell Folk School, Will Moses, and Hoss. They pay a monthly, half-year or yearly fee to be on the blog. And then there are the text links and the square, changing ads that are from Adsense. These are the ones that count your clicks and I get a little pocket change when you go out of your way to visit this page and click on them. Both are so important to this farm staying afloat. The companies that specialize in seeds, candles, tools, and chickens - they are here because they want to be here. If you like reading CAF, they are the reason I'm not being chases away by the bank. The Google ads are here in random ways, those companies don't know they are being featured here, but you do. Participation through clicks is how they work as a form of compensation

Now, if ads both you, you can use adblock software to remove the Google ads. But the ones that are images I place in code will remain. If anyone has any further questions let me know. And if you make the choice to buy some stuff from the folks at Homesteader Supply, Scent From Nature, Rosie's or MyPetChicken (among others!) I thank you. They do, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eileen Hileman said...

Jenna I want to send you a Christmas basket of goodies -- will it get to you if I use the same address I sent the All Hallows Eve card to (CAF, Jackson, NY) Please let me know - I need to get it in the mail. You don'tneed to to post this on the blog just let me know at terriertalesfarm@gmail.com

December 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home