Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm Proud of Trish!

I got this email last week from a student of this past summer's Fiddle Camp. Trish and her friend Wendy drove up from across the state, no small feat, to attend the two days of instruction. Both always wanted to learn so when they arrived their fiddles were waiting for them. All they brought was their textbooks, tuners, and the will to learn and practice. Now, just a few months later she's blown through the book. She even sent a video (but my email couldn't handle the file size). I'm so very proud of her. Trish didn't win the "best performance" contest at the camp, she was an average beginner, but she had the determination and desire to learn. Now she's learned, literally, every song in the book! When I read these words my heart melted. Let the music flow!

Hi Jenna,

Hope this finds you well. I always enjoy your blog; keep up the good words! I just wanted to tell you that last night I learned the last and final song in the W. Erbsen Ignoramus book, and I've also almost mastered two other numbers from The Irish Fiddler. This is all due to your encouragement and I wanted to thank you for that! You're the best. Happy Halloween!

Trish Kleinfelder

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Trish!! That's AMAZING. Major congrats to you! Here's hoping I get there soon as well :)

--Jamie

November 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Chautauqua said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jenna and Jamie . One small correction - we drove up from Western NY. I am loving the 'devil stick' .... this week I started on Irish Washerwoman. So much fun! Keep on keepin' on...

November 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Yay - go Trish!

November 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

sorry trish!!!! I fixed it.

November 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger seagrrlz said...

That's awesome. I'm only only the 4th or 5th song myself!

November 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Trish, you are an inspiration!

November 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home