Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Girls Are Back!

The goats arrived last night after 8PM. I was in the farmhouse living room, chomping down on a quIck slice of homemade pizza. I had to use up the veggie's from my morning deconstructed omelet on toast and a veggie-piled pizza was just the trick. I could only eat a slice and a half and that was something I am coming to realize about homemade food. When you make it with care and time, from kneading the dough to crumbling the cheese on top—it fills you more. I could easily house four slices of flat, pizza house pie and not even remember eating it. But the homemade slices were so thick in veggies and pillowy dough one slice was plenty and the second piece was a battle I could only start to enjoy.

This morning was just oatmeal.

But yes! The goats are home and I am thrilled to have them back at CAF. The morning started the way I like it, stepping out on the front marble steps and hearing that happy bleat of Bonita. Somehow, she knows before any other living creature that I am awake and possibly carrying grain. I heard that bleat and just smiled. It's the sound of life feeling correct.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Welcome back mamacitas (to-be)!

October 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I would miss my goats so much if I didn't see them every morning and evening! Bonita won't like this, but you may want to do some research about feeding them grain during pregnancy. I have Nigerian Dwarf goats, and we generally don't give them grain while they are pregnant so they don't have giant kids, and difficult births. I've known breeders who had to have the vet surgically remove kids because they were too big. I think for full sized goats like yours, the recommendation is not to feed grain until the last month or so of gestation. If that turns out to be the case, please don't mention my name to Bonita. :)

October 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

This made me smile too.

October 16, 2012 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

My goats can be sooooo annoying with their maaa's all day. But I would miss them terribly if they weren't there! Glad your girls are back ☺

October 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home