Thursday, September 6, 2012

Merck Forest Sheepdog Trials This Weekend!!

It's a Cold Antler Farm tradition. I go every year. This year I can only go one day, but I will be there and thrilled to see the dogs and people I have only seen on Facebook this season. This was the summer of Gibson being a farm dog, no herding lessons at all. Mostly because of the work of learning to ride and get Merlin here. But he is young, just 2, and has a lifetime ahead of him (and so do I) to get to that post one day and enter a trial. It's a step I can't wait to take, ribbons be damned.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Christine said...

I saw there is one in Dorset too although I can't remember the dates.

September 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Jenny Glen said...

Have fun! I just saw Gibson's dad this past weekend at the Soldier Hollow trial.
Oh, I thought you might like to know that if he makes it to the semis at the nationals - you can watch him on line!
http://sheepdogfinals.org/wordpress1/live-webcast/

September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Ellen Rathbone said...

How nice to see that barn again - used to work there. Lovely place.

September 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

That barn looks familiar. What a small world, I interned at Merck for 6 months and I can't believe it has been 10 years ago. I now live in Maryland and stumbled across your blog last year. My internship there inspired me to start my own small farm here, although I do miss Vermont!

September 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home