Saturday, September 15, 2012

bagpipes on the mountain

My neighbors across the street are hosting a wedding at their grand farm and the hired a piper! From my front door I can hear them clear as bells on my own roof and it is beauiful! What makes it even better is in a few moments Patty, Melina, and Robert will be here to help harness and prepare Merlin for his first ever trial ride on our new cart. So we'll be trotting down the road to the sound of bagpipes, how about that?

Merlin is an old pro, but I'm a new driver. So the practice isn't really for him as much as it is for Patty and I to adjust his new (just out of the shop!) refurbished harness and get him ready for tomorrow's WCDAA ride along the Battenkill River!

Such a great day, photos and video to come!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love bagpipes. We had a bagpiper at our wedding - we married on my husband's family's homestead on the banks of the Yakima River (the farm is older than the state of Washington - the family still has the agreement from the Tribe selling them the land). My own family traces its roots back to Ireland and Scotland. Celtic music is in my blood. How wonderful to hear that music drift over your home.

Eileen Hileman

September 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful, we had bagpipes for our wedding ceremony in may, then as people where coming in to be seated a friend of ours played banjo tunes, I love amazing grace on bagpipes, we used it to start off our ceremony:)
Erin in PA

September 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger kaelak said...

We ha a piper at our wedding too. ADORE bagpipes (and not just because it means there are men in kilts close!).

September 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Another bride with a piper at her wedding! :)

September 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home