Sunday, August 5, 2012

wild rides


Blogger Karen L. said...

Just watched this and I don't exactly know why but I have tears in my eyes .... and this is only the trailer! Cannot imagine what the movie will be like.

August 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Pooh Overalls said...


August 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger pawsfurme said...

The MD and PA Horse Expos combined last year and had a similar thing going for off the track TB's. About half a dozen trainers were invited at the MD expo and how well they scored on a quiz told them what order they could pick their horses. They had between the MD and Pa expo to work with their horses and they would showcase them at the PA Expo. I saw how they started, but I didn't get to see how they all did in the end. I'm sure it went well. The whole idea behind the mustang and TB training is fantastic.

August 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tears in my eyes too. Very moving and just the trailer. Have to have a box of tissue to watch the movie.

August 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah Mc said...

Jenna, I feel such a kinship toward this movie, your blog and you, let me explain why.. several months ago you wrote a wonderful post about wanting to be in the horse world and if you want it go after it. Well I did just that having no experience I went to my local feed store (where I get things for my chickens and rabbits) and asked if they new any farm willing to take on a worker for lessons, they replied "have you tried Merry Oaks, "diamonds in the Rough"? of course I said no, but looked into it.. It has changed my life in such a profound way! I started volunteering at their equine rescue , was hired on within a week and now am part of a wonderful apprentice horse training program... That volunteers our time under the mentor-ship of a wonderful trainer to work with the rescues and performance horses! Thank you so much for giving me the courage to ask the simple question of "do you know anyone???" love you jenna!

August 6, 2012 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger redhorse said...

I can't wait to see this. Good one Sarah Mc.

August 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger farmhousewife said...

I can't wait to see this; The bond between human and horse is so strong, sometimes frayed, stretched, and tangled, but never broken.

I've taken to falling in love over and over again with horses - my dad is here visiting us in NC from CA and he was telling me stories (as I picked out my 37 year old childhood pony's stall) about the very first pony I had, as a five year old, named "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and how she used to dump me, run away with me, rub me off on the corral panel but I'd still want back on.

Some days, my love of horses even amazes me.

Ride on, Jenna!

August 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home