Thursday, August 9, 2012

vindaloo and headaches

It's been a wild couple of days. In the last 36 hours I ate lamb vindaloo with Brett, rode in a horse cart, rode Merlin, shot clays with my .12 gauge, swam around the ruins of an old grist mill, helped dig fence posts, did chores, worked on my new book, got ice cream, and it all wrapped up last night with me driving down to Common Sense Farm fast as I could after hearing he fell off a 15-foot hay wagon. Amazingly, he was okay. He was checked out and was a little sore, but himself. We
went out for ice cream after at Stewart's.

Before I called it a night I spoke with Ajay over the phone, seeing if he wanted to go to the hospital and how he felt. He said he felt fine, never better, but he had never been this busy in his life before. Technically, he doesn't have a job. He left his old horrible (his words, not mine) insurance gig in the city and is trading labor for room and board in the Commune. He laughed as he explained it. He said he's never had less personal responsibility and more Societal responsibility. He has to get up at 6, work all day outdoors, then also help with meals and moving people and repairing trucks and going on errands. He loves it, can't imagine doing anything but farming, but he's never known how much a person can do in a day until he moved to Washington County.

Boy, did I ever understand that.

6 Comments:

Blogger greendria said...

yum, just googled vindaloo and it sounds delish. did you eat it over rice or something? who made it?

August 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

it's a spicy lamb stew over brown rice, and nan. We ate out at DISH in Greenwich NY

August 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Ajay is alright.

Grace and Peace,

John

August 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Nicole said...

Wow. What a busy and productive day. I'm envious of everything from the delicious vindaloo to the horse cart. I'm really glad he was okay after that fall. How is he doing now?

August 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Maggie in Tally said...

Indian food. I miss it so. And French. And Greek. None of the above here in Dickinson, ND. *sigh* At least we have a decent little Italian lunch place. Her Wedding Soup is deeeelish.

August 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger becky said...

I must say that I envy Ajay... being able to spend all day working on a farm...sounds like a dream come true

August 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home