Sunday, August 26, 2012

sock knitting machine!


Blogger Tameson said...

Yours? I am soooo jealous!. A CSM is on my list of things I'd like to have someday. Enjoy it!

August 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! I am going to start looking for one to buy.


August 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Ahhh, I want one of these so bad. I love knitted socks but I hate knitting them.

August 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger ~~Melissa said...

I was really lucky and got my sock knitting machine for $30. It just needed cleaning. It pays to look in the junk/misc boxes under tables at auctions. They've become popular enough in recent years that there's two companies making new ones now as well. Used and new ones can cost $500-$1500.

August 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I saw one of these at a festival and it was so fascinating! Where does one get one?

August 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Lynnanne said...

would be cool, once you figured out the pattern for the little metal hooks. that could take me a lifetime! if it's yours, good luck! and i'd like to order a pair of socks. size 8, please. :)

August 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hold on to your hats cause those machines are very hard to come by and if you do find one in working condition you will pay big bucks for it. They are very expensive.

August 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That is just too cool for school. :)

August 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

not mine! someone told me about these and I had to find it online. new ones are 2500 I think, but how cool of an invention, huh?

August 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Adrianne B. said...

You can find them on Ebay for $500-$1000. There are also some companies out there that have started fabricating new ones but those are much more expensive. It take a while to figure out how to use it but once you get going there is nothing better than finishing a pair of "hand knit" socks in less than an hour.

August 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Ellen Rathbone said...

There's a funny story about how this machine was invented, but I can't quite remember it all! Has to do with a minister and his wife. Saw my first one almost a year ago...and met the woman again earlier this month. Great fun these machines, and she can whack out a pair of socks in no time. Amazing.

August 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home