Friday, August 10, 2012

small gift, big smile

Yesterday was my lesson with Trainer Dave and Merlin. Some of the Daughton Clan was there including Jacey, their oldest daughter and her new baby girl, Jane. Jacey loves horses, has ridden all her life and was looking forward to some time at the farm to be around horses and trainers again. I was honored to have her along. We learned new things, tricks and steps. Dave said I'm looking better, more comfortable. I told him for me it was time in the saddle. The more I do a thing the more comfortable I am. Every day I ride Merlin I feel I am growing as a person, getting braver and more patient at the same time. Not a bad gift from a black pony on a hill.

When we were done with the lesson, I told Jacey to hop up. She was happy to ride him and I got to see what a lifetime of riding looks like. Merlin was perfect for her and Jacey looked like a pro. When we were done she asked if she could brush him (of course!) and she braided blooms of Queen Anne's Lace into his long mane. There was a real connection there, that woman knows horses. I can only hope to get there some day myself. As a thank you she offered me a little gift, a small hand-painted watercolor.It gave this tired gal quite the big smile. Thank you, Jacey.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenna,

Do you realize that it the 5 year anniversary of your blog?

August 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

NO?! wow!

August 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Such a sweet gift! Love the story.

August 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Mist said...

Absolutely the best kind of gift. :)

August 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home