Sunday, August 5, 2012

See You Tomorrow at 6PM!

This is Connie Brooks, owner of Battenkill Books, my town's wonderful bookstore. The Border Collie is Red, Jon's new pooch from Ireland. I love that my downtown district has the following in a two block radius: an organic food co-op, art galleries, a train station converted into a community arts center, yoga classes, a farmer's market, a concert hall, hardware/feed store, and a place like Battenkill books where I can get the newest issue of Mother Earth News, The Believer, and The Coffin Factory in a town of 1,800 people. It is extremely cool for a certain type of person (like me). This is the same town two blocks behind the bookstore Common Sense farm is using hand-powered wheel hoes and neighbors are riding horses down North Union street.

Tommorrow night a good friend is doing a talk at Battenkill Books about his new e-Book, The Story of Rose. If you don't already read it, you should keep up with Bedlam Farm, and tap into Jon's stories and musings on country living with his wife, dogs, donkeys, and chickens. That blog taught me a lot about overcoming fear, negativity, and embracing support and love. Jon is also my new neighbor, as he bought a new farm just down the road. Anyway, He and Connie will be talking about e-books in general, how they effect writers and book stores. I'll be going to support them both, and I hope some of you show up as well. Always a big time in Cambridge.

photo by jon katz

5 Comments:

Blogger goatgirl said...

I wish Jon Katz was my neighbor. I've been reading his books for years....along with everyone I work with. Please tell him he has a lot of fans at Minter Creek Elementary in Washington state.

August 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

If the day isn't too hectic I might head out. Sounds lovely and I'd love to see you again and catch up!

August 5, 2012 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It would be nice to see you Erika!

August 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I will tell him GoatGirl!

August 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Argh, hubby had to work late :(
One of these days though.

August 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home