Thursday, August 9, 2012



Blogger Kristin said...

Have you tried Hornsby's Cider? It's my favorite. :)

Looks like a well deserved rest. I truly don't know how you manage to run a farm and keep us updated with all the details. I can hardly find the time to get all my farm chores done.

August 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

writing is my relaxation and thinking time. So I need it!

August 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

and I haven't tried hornsby's? where is it from? I have seen some from ohio in local shops, something like wicked orchard or something?

August 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love that stuff!!!

August 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger greendria said...

Thanks for the flashback - woodchuck always reminds me of my college days...sigh...

August 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM  
OpenID rawketstarling said...

My boyfriend and I have a game--every saturday we make a homemade pizza and try a new type of cider. Woodchuck amber and strongbow used to be my go-to ciders, but recently my new favorite is "JK Scrumpy's". It's absolutely DELICIOUS. That and "Original Sin". Absolutely, CANNOT BE BEAT.
Just in case you were wondering :)

August 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It would not be a good summer evening without a Woodchuck! I cannot wait for the fall seasonal to come out, it is fall in a bottle. Sigh.

August 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I think Hornsby's is from California. It's really tasty.

I got about a bushel of apples off my tree this year. This is the first year it's beared. With a little luck, I'll get enough to try my hand at my own cider next year.

Can you believe the apples ripened in June!? Granted, we had no winter, but apples before peaches seems so weird.

August 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger ebwhite said...

My favorite is Woodchuck's Pear Cider -- so very nice.

August 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

I tried Woodchuck's "Fall" brew last week. Too sweet.

My favorite cider is Strongbow, I can't find anything local or regional that's as dry or has as clean a finish.

August 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda early in the day for that, no? ;-)

August 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

ha! yes, its from a few evenings ago. I was waitng for a thunderstorm to roll in!

August 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Sue Steeves said...

I adore the Woodchuck Spring cider.....oh soooooo yummy!

August 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Why is it called "hard" cider? Round where I live, cider is just cider - no "hard" (or "soft" or whatever) label added to it.

August 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger G K said...

Perfect, indeed! :) Love the paisley on your skirt, too.

August 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger J.D. said...

Pick some up this afternoon. This stuff is very refreshing!

August 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Sarah, around here at least Hard means fermented, and therefore alcoholic. Cider in itself means fresh, fruit juice.

August 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Pit Stop Farm said...

Mmmmm....Woodchuck. I've never seen that bottle used for the Amber though. Interesting. My new favorite cider is Spire, from Washington state. Yum. But I do love Woodchuck, especially their "dark and dry". Even better is finding a local watering hole that has any cider on tap.

August 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Carolyn West said...

Try some Angry Orchard, either Crisp Apple or Apple Ginger. It's amazing. Woodchuck was my favorite for years.

August 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger rabbit said...

The apple ginger angry orchard is very good-found that before antlerstock last year-and as for woodchuck, we go way back! My FAVOURITE cider! Alas can't find either in Ontario.... After antlerstock last year we may have squirreled away quite a few packs of woodchuck en route home to fill up the fridge! ;)

August 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home