Monday, July 9, 2012

run dogs, run!

There are few things as beautiful as watching Siberian Huskies, even old ones, run free and off leash through the woods. They become wolves within minutes, but happy ones. Tails high in the air they shuck and jive, dart and bark. I watched them with nothing short of bliss in my heart. I swear Jazz can smile, and as he trotted past his eyes caught mine with a huge grin on his face.

We were out in the pasture that was nearly ready for tomorrow's arrival of Merlin. I finished the fencing, cleaned out the rusty metal and old nails, and the three-mile charger had been collecting sunshine for three cloudless days. Since it was a big, wooded, area with a strong fence (the electric was off) I let the three dogs run around in it while I checked the poly rope lines and sang out loud.

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen Rickers said...

So glad to see that Jazz is doing well! And wonderful to see dogs smile. My old greyhound smiles, his tongue hanging out, every time he run's on the beach. :-D

July 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

He is doing well, but slower! besides losing hair in patches and some cataracts, he is okay.

July 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Megan, Rudy's mom said...

I agree nothing like watching a husky run and play. Makes me miss my girl. Watching the rest of my pack age gracefully is tough but fun!

July 9, 2012 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Primitive Stars said...

Hello, very beautiful, love to see the dogs run, so happy for old Jazz. Thanks for making me smile, Blessings Francine.

July 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Your dogs are beautiful! (as well as your slice of heaven, there)

July 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger MarieGray said...

Hi there. I just pulled out an old Mother Earth News that had your article in it about giving up Wonder Bread and Wal-Mart. You are a girl after my own heart!!! I finally made it here to your blog and plan to devour it and become a devout follower.....!!! I'm a homesteader at heart, raised on a dairy farm,had a vegetable/herb/flower farm in central vermont but thanks to divorce, I had to leave it, I've spent the past 6 years trying to return to that lifestyle even if taking the TINIEST of steps. For us right now that means a 10x20 garden (have to leave some room for the dogs!) and 7 chickens, hoping to add rabbits soon, and we'll be moving to/building on 1.5 acres shortly. Take Care! Marie in Vermont

July 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Peacemom said...

Happy 30th Jenna! My 30's were very good to me, I wish the same for you! Welcome home, Merlin!

July 10, 2012 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Pit Stop Farm said...

One of the easiest ways to cheer myself up is watching our dogs (well now just one as of a couple weeks ago) run and play. We have about an acre fenced in that is basically only for them. What seems like a simple throw of the ball for me is the most exciting thing ever for a dog. And yes, I do agree that dogs can smile - I see it all the time. Happy Birthday by the way! My sister shares your birthday.

July 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger leafonatree said...

I also have two huskies. Watching them run and "smile" does wonders for my mood. I love them so!

July 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home