Sunday, July 1, 2012

sheep medic

Just back from Bedlam Farm, where I was helping Jon and Maria with their ewe, Tess. Tess was wobbly and weak, having trouble standing. When Jon explained the symptoms on the phone it reminded me a lot of the Cotswold ewe I turned around from Tetanus a few months ago. I called up Yesheva at Common Sense to double check my diagnose and we both agreed on anti-toxin and penicillin for a few days, with some extra sugar in the water for a kick.

Tess will pull out of it just fine, but to cover all my bases I handed Maria a green candle with a sheep I drew on it. I suggested she burn it for Tess, and between some old fashioned antibiotics and prayer we got our backs covered.

Tess will be just fine. Gibson and I are off to swim in the river now!

photo by jon katz

3 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

Jenna, check your email please.

Hope you two enjoyed the swim...would love to jump in a river right about now. Already 107* here.

July 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

the battenkill is my new best friend...

check your email, too!

July 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Moose Hollow Farm said...

It's 90 degrees in southcentral New Hampshire now and the skies are getting ominous. Looks like some thunder & lightning coming our way!! It should cool things off and water the garden for us. It feels pretty warm ~ I'm tempted to swim in our dogs' little pool or, at least, dip my toes in it.

July 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home