Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Words & Wool: Saturday December 1

Come to Cold Antler Farm this winter for a special workshop called Words & Wool. It is a knitter's circle and writing workshop dedicated to the small homestead or farmer's blog and the marketing and promotion of it. Come learn straight from the shepherd's mouth how I built, promoted, and expanded my blog. Ask me questions about publishing and writing professionally, learn how to sell or pitch ads and giveaways, bring a sample of writing to talk about and share with the group for a healthy and kind critique. Tell your story with eager ears listening, and a border collie in your lap....At the very least get some ideas for your personal, non commercial blog for your friends and family. It's a day dedicated to expanding your own brand and business, and getting the word out about your own website as another, vibrant, source of income for your farm and family.

And as for the wool? Bring a knitting project! If you are coming along to listen and talk, you might as well have something to work on near the woodstove. Other knitters will be on hand to help, give advice, share patterns and teach you the basics if you are new to the craft. Expect a comfortable day, indoors mostly, at the farm. The class starts at 10AM and goes till 3PM, and if you want to stay after the class for a private party of creamy potato soup and bread fresh from the Bun Baker wood stove you are welcome to it!

Email me if you are interested, cost will be $100.00 for the whole day, and include a farm tour. Please pack a lunch for a midday knitting break. CAF Season Pass members just let me know if you want to come along!

13 Comments:

Anonymous H said...

Ooh, as a writer and a knitter,I think this sounds lovely! Alas, it would require many hours in the car and $$ that I don't have to spare at the moment. Looking forward to reading about it though! (A knitting aside: Are all of your wool/yarn shares spoken for already?)

June 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Urban Farm Girl said...

Is the date set yet?

June 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

December First, and the proceeds will go into buying cords of firewood for this farm!

June 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Jenna, this is exactly what I was hoping you'd do but there's no way I could make it that far. If you decide to share it in a video or paid written material, I am all in. I'd love to see your farm but mine won't allow me to leave. Email me @ lexirain2001@gmail.com and let me know if you have a creative solution at all. I'd be so excited to participate.

June 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yay, this is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for! I'm going to try to make this one, Jenna :)

June 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Noël said...

Broken record...if I could I would. :( Would you be willing to post what you are going to be talking about after you have the workshop? Or offer something similar to a webinar (where we pay to view online) for those of us who would love to be there, but can't? I am trying to develop and promote my own blog and would LOVE to have some more insight and help in doing so. Thanks for always being so willing to help your readers! ;)

June 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Dianne @ My Southern Heart said...

What a wonderful idea - and on my birthday at that! Too bad I'm one hour from the Pacific in the Northwest...because it sure sounds like fun!

June 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM  
OpenID kindsofhoney said...

What a fun combination! Wish you weren't so far away, or I'd be there.

June 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Weez said...

OK, so my wife Elizabeth (from the Berkshires) will be the knitting part of our clan. I will bring my guitar to sing the writer's part. I'm looking forward to learning how to get my blog to be better. See you there... I'm pretty sure my traveling physical therapy gig will give me a break by then. I hope so... I'm missing you and all the critter's (I really mean folks) at the farm. Weez

June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenna, have you thought about doing one of those online video workshops about: "workshop dedicated to the small homestead or farmer's blog and the marketing and promotion of it. Come learn straight from the shepherd's mouth how I built, promoted, and expanded my blog. Ask me questions about publishing and writing professionally, learn how to sell or pitch ads and giveaways"?

I would LOVE to come to your Words & Wool workshop, but I just can't afford getting to New York from Montana right now. I would love to know how you've built the readership you have, and how to use my blog like you do. Perhaps after this workshop you could organize what you said into an online version? I for one would be all over that! Just something for you to think about.
-Kelley in Montana

July 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger The Black Squirrel said...

Sounds perfect...I have to admit, I cannot for the life of me figure out what airport I would fly in to.. Help!

July 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Albany! I live about 50 minutes north of Albany just outside Cambridge NY! 12816

July 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I am very interested. What is the next step? Thanks. -Emma
p.s. Also, I don't know how to knit, but would love to learn. Is this feasible? If so, should I bring my own supplies?

July 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home