Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Movie Night in Cambridge June 29th!

There's going to be a wonderful, free, event right here in Cambridge New York at the end of the Month. It's a combination event with Battenkill Books, Hubburd Hall, Bedlam Farm, and Cold Antler Farm (among others!) to do a screening of the powerhouse documentary The Greenhorns right here in farm country.

There will be food, essayists from the documentary's companion book (I am one of said essayists), and I believe remarks and a bit of speaking from the young farmers in question. Come on down to Cambridge, say hello, watch an inspiring movie about new farmers across the country starting out and leaving their desks and colleges behind to play in the dirt. It's a revolution, baby.

Get details here! Click Clicky Click

Also, you can pre order a copy of the beautiful book of over 50 essays, stories, and songs from Connie at Battenkill books. Email her at connie@battenkillbooks.com, and she'll get your copy ready for you. It will be waiting for you when you arrive, ready for me and Luke, Severine, or whoever else is there to sign it. Every book you purchase through Battenkill Books is supporting a grand new indie shop here in my town. You can also order signed, personalized copies of Made From Scratch, Chick Days, or Barnheart. If you're not that into me, you can order signed copies of Jon Katz's books, or James Howard Kunstler's, or Megan Mayhew Bergman's. We got as many writers around these parts as dairy cows, so don't be shy now.

Okay, so who's coming?!

5 Comments:

Blogger DarcC said...

I am!

June 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Firecracker Farm said...

Just try to keep me away!

June 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Firecracker Farm said...

Just try to keep me away!

June 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like that you post more than one blog a day. I hope you are enjoying your 1st few days of not working in an office. Thanks for sharing your life with tons of strangers :)

June 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Noël said...

I would love to be there, but I live across the country!

June 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home