Thursday, June 14, 2012

Help Jerri, Mission Small Business

Friend and blog supported, Jerri Bedell, is the owner of a small business called Homesteader Supply. It's a business of love and growth towards a more sustainable life. It's the kind of online store that covers everything from milking pails to solar powered lights and certainly my type of place to shop.

Jerri had a favor to ask. She just created a specialty cheese press, one she designed herself to fit the needs of a home cheesemaker. She had so many issues and changes required of commercial presses, she decided to just go ahead and create a press herself! You can read more about it or order it by clicking here, or clicking on the image above. Here is a quote from Jerri on why she went ahead and made this beautiful thing:

"Basically, I really didn't like the cheesepresses out there, difficult to use, and some actually fall apart from the exposure to water. So I found an experienced local woodworker with large professional shop to be able make them fast and perfect each time so we won't have backorders waiting for production... together we designed ours to overcome the problems with the others."

It is so easy to use, probably will last a lifetime with care (continued oiling through the years)."

So that new cheese press, I am happy to share the news about it. And I also wanted to ask you guys to consider helping a business such as Jerri's out. You don't have to spend a dime to support her own home-based business dreams. See, Jerri is working hard to get a grant from Mission Small Business to continue following her own dream of developing and promoting new homesteading goods like her hardwood cheese press and such. If you log onto this program, and search for Homesteader's Supply, you can click a button and vote for her company to get support. It will take a few seconds and cost you nothing at all, you simply log in with your Facebook account and hit vote when Homesteader's supply comes up in the search. (You need to put the apostrophe in Homesteader's for it to show up as a search return!) If she can get 250 votes she has a chance towards this grant to grow, save, and comfort this homesteading business and I hope some of you are willing to help out with your clicks! I voted!

www.missionsmallbusiness.com

30 Comments:

Blogger Fresh Eggs Farm said...

Done!

June 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

No sure if I have the right site or not. Nothing I see appears to be as you described. What am I missing?

June 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Little Terraced House said...

What a brilliant store - I wish they were in the UK Jenna. I voted for them, they deserve it.

June 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger kimberlesk said...

I voted! And Thank You for linking to that store -- I can't wait to do some shopping!!

June 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I voted. Good luck, Jerry! :)

June 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger TwoBlueHeelers said...

Rats, I found out you have to log into FaceBook to vote. I don't do FB. Sorry...

June 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger sloejennfizz said...

Done

June 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Marlene burrell said...

Me too!

June 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to list it as : Homesteader's Supply, Inc.


this is copied from the site . It would not come up for me the way Jenna listed it. I finally went to homesteader site , found where they lived and searched by city and state. Then I found them when I typed in the city and state on mission small business site.

TinaH

June 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger seagrrlz said...

Done

June 14, 2012 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Done and tweeted - hopefully it will get you an extra vote or two!

June 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Maggie in Tally said...

Done and did it!

June 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

done

June 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Done!

June 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Suzzanne said...

done

June 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger kringsrud said...

Done. So satisfying to be able to support small businesses. Thanks for turning us on to this great store!

June 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

voted---currently at 208

June 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM  
Blogger The Folks at Homesteader's Supply! said...

Hi, this is Nance... one of the folks at Homesteader's Supply. I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you... Especially Jenna and Cold Antler Farm for the great blog, and the wonderful encouraging words to help us accomplish this goal... Without all of you, if fear we would not have achieved the 250 votes needed... We are at 209... 41 votes still needed!

All of you are amazing folks that make homesteading such an enjoyable passion!!!

June 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger The Folks at Homesteader's Supply! said...

If you search for Chino Valley, Arizona we come right up...

Nance, with Homesteader's Supply

June 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM  
Blogger phaedra96 said...

Could not find it. Found the site but not Homesteader's Supply.

June 15, 2012 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Rosalyn said...

Voted, and that looks like a gorgeous cheese press! I haven't even started cheesemaking yet but I am really hoping to tackle a couple of soft cheeses this year and move on to things like cheddar in the next few years. I would love a handsome press like that. :)

June 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger karental said...

I voted AND I want a cheese press. I have a birthday coming up. Now I know what I want.

June 15, 2012 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Just voted, and saw she's up to 228 votes - only a few more to go! I bookmarked the page, too, and will do some shopping later.

June 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I don't make cheese (not YET anyway) but I voted - looks like a cool invention. For those of you who couldn't find Homesteader's Supply, it's located in Chino Valley, AZ.

June 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Voted! And I'm off to go take a look at the amazing press! I've been looking for a well made press and trying to go the vintage route, but this one looks gorgeous and solid! Good luck Nance!

June 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger LeaningDuckFarm said...

I voted and tweeted. I've been following Homesteader Supply on twitter for a few months now. Good luck Jerri!

June 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger LiteraryDiva said...

I voted, and she's now made it with 257 votes! Hope she gets the grant, I am seriously in love with that cheesepress. :)

June 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Awesome! Up to 271 votes with mine cast.

June 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger City Girl said...

I voted! Thanks for sharing!

June 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

I know people that have used Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/ as well for things like this, not sure how it works if it would be a good fit or not but thought I'd pass it along!

June 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home