Sunday, June 3, 2012

the garden, post rainfall.


Blogger Madcap said...

Gorgeous! I've got rain-envy!

June 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Madcap said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It's only a row of five 4x4' raised beds. but I use the spacing between them too, making another 16 square feet with cucs and onions and tomatoes between them. Plus another 6x4' garden I just put in. So over a thousand square feet right now, not much. But it is still pushing out A LOT of food. All the salad I can eat. All the kale I could want. And onions, garlic, carrots, and tomatoes on the way. Hope to put in potatoes next. that hillside will all be beds in the next few months, I hope.

June 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful! I'm with Madcap, seeing all that lovely green gives me rain envy also. Our little garden is growing, but it really hates our nasty city water, I'm sure it would love all that rain N.Y's been getting.

June 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Beautiful. Looking bountiful! Great job!

June 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Mary Schroeder said...

You grow girl! We are short on rain here.

June 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Moose Hollow Farm said...

You definitely have some beautiful, bountiful gardens!! You will love having potatoes in your garden ~ we planted about 100 feet of potatoes this year and they are doing great!! My husband has had to hill them 3 times already. We were a little late getting other things planted due to weather & other things but we will have a good crop of taters!!
Have fun, Jenna!!

June 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

A good rain is satisfying for the garden and the gardener.

Good luck staying focused these last 4 days!!

June 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Paula Bearss said...


June 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM  
Blogger Fernleaf said...

Definitely jealous, we've had a cool wet spring and so our garden is still limping along in seedling mode. Can't wait for things to pick up the pace!

June 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger daisy said...

Wow! I'm envious of your salad fixin's. Our lettuce is done until fall.

June 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Megan, Rudy's mom said...

WOW That's pretty! I started my first garden this year mostly because of your blog. I have raised beds in CT 4X4,4X8,4X12,an earth box, and many pots. I was hoping you can do a post on the tools you love most/least. I'm having a hard time figuring out what tools are worth the investment and what ones you can make yourself.

June 4, 2012 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a cool wet spring here in Indianola WA and most of my plants are growing still in the greenhouse. Hope to get them in this afternoon. Been looking at larger farms in PA and upstate NY would like to get out of this rainy climate. Also looking at N. Idaho (Sandpoint area) because I'm there a lot. Farms are far less expensive in the east. Your garden is lovely. Just a few more days Jenna and you are off and running. What great adventures await you.

June 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Beautiful! Guess that's where the rain is, lol.

June 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Especially for that far north! Jenna have you tried blanching the kale and putting it in the freezer? After cooling you put portions in ziploc bags, some water to help prevent freezer burn, squeeze out the air & zip shut. This is the poor man's version of vacume seal, Ha!Ha!
Beth in Ky.

June 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger greendria said...

Does that fencing keep out the chickens? My chickens are driving me crazy tearing my place up!

June 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home