Tuesday, June 5, 2012

a boy with a quiver

That's Ian Daughton, who came over to help with Merlin and Jasper's pony shed pre-building work. These boys already helped move fallen trees out with the aid of Jasper, and then got to work preparing the sigh and planning the new home for my Pony Boys. After the day's work was done we had a little hot dog and brat cookout (they sure did enjoy chocolate goats' milk with their dogs!) and shot some arrows at the broad side of the barn at a deer target painted on burlap. It was a grand day. I miss these guys, haven't seen them as much as I like. But since they are a home-schooling family and I am now the owner of a cottage business...I think I will be seeing a lot more of them!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really nice arrows, I love the self nocks, did Ian make them?

Heather

June 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Melina said...

The Daughton boys are so wonderful. I always enjoy their enthusiasm and energy.

June 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

my arrows from from rudderbows.com - they are bamboo, 28" with a 35-40lb wt and field points .

June 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Firecracker Farm said...

Ian has been on rudderbows.com every single day since then.
BTW - he said that getting to shoot your bow was the best thing that has ever happened to him!
Melina - Thanks for being so sweet to my boys. We really enjoy you guys too!

June 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home