Sunday, May 27, 2012

weekend warriors


Blogger Meredith A said...

Old farmers wisdom, count. Every morning every night. No excuses. Have you limited their grazing to avoid more injury and death? What a waste. Why do you bury good meat?

May 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger pawsfurme said...

1. Sick animals don't make healthy meat.
2. She can't butcher her own sheep.
3. It was a weekend. Where would she have gotten a butcher on such short notice?
4. Where would she have kept the sheep to prevent the meat from going bad while she waited for said butcher?
5. A varied diet is good for them. The bushes were leafless which means they enjoyed eating off of them.
6. Would you never give your child roller skates or a skateboard because he/she might fall off a curb and get hit by a car?

May 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It wasn't good meat. It was a sick animal, bloated and fly-ridden.

I do not need your approval, permission, or opinions Meredith A. I am tired of it. Judge someone else from now on, the internet is a wide place.

May 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger CuppyCake said...

I'm sorry people are being jerks, Jenna. Anyway, that last post was beautiful. I've been gardening today and I love how you wrote that everything starts with meat, but plants just get to some before we do. I was thinking about it as I was pulling weeds, thinking how connected everything is. I'm sorry about your sheep, but that sheep's body will come to life again, so to speak, in your veggies and plants. :)

May 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Jennie said...

Jenna, I continue to marvel at your energy, archery, farm chores, etc. etc.! The ewe that passed is contributing to life in her own way - the cycle of life. After reading your blogs for a while, I finally got around to ordering 2 of your books from Battenkill Bookstore, and am looking forward to good reads in "BarnHart" and "Make from Scratch". So happy to read about your prosposed projects, speaking engagements, etc, post June 8th! As they say down here in the South "You go, girl"!! May the wind be always at your back.

May 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

Archers played a big role in this week's Game of Thrones (HBO) episode. I kept thinking of you and your adventures in archery. Looks like you're having a great time. Do you buy your arrows or make them? I'm not an archer, so have no idea if the latter is even a reasonable option.

May 29, 2012 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

People in the Society do make their own bows and arrows, I bought my longbow and arrows from

Erik, one of our marshals, makes his own arrows and bows and they are impressive! he's an engineer!

May 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

BTW - congratulations, Lancaster, on your win this year. The house I was with are traditionally York, but I got shuffled over to fighting for Lancaster to even the heavy list sides.

I've never been to so hot a Roses, and I've been going for years. Bodes ill for a long, hot campaigning season.

May 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home