Monday, June 11, 2012

Soap & Candle Workshop - July 29!

Happy to announce I just confirmed a candle and soapmaking workshop here at the farm! Come for a full day of fellowship, gardens, goatmilk, beeswax and craft. It is the day after the Beekeeping workshop, so if you are traveling from out of town you can make a weekend of it and learn how to use your future beeswax in salves and candles. Kathy Harrison, fellow Storey author and accomplished candlemaker will be here at the farm to teach the morning candle-making portion of the day. She keeps bees and makes light from her own hive using traditional techniques. She's an accomplished homesteader of the third degree, and I'm sure open to all sorts of questions!

After Kathy's discussion and demo, I'll be teaching Cold Press Milk soapmaking with dried and ground garden herbs and milk. The afternoon will include a farm tour and time to talk about the herb garden, goats milk (and backyard dairy goats) and what ingredients and alternatives can be used. And everyone who attends will go home with a soap making kit, so you are ready to take your new skill back home with you and start churning out all sorts of soaps for your homestead and family!

5 Spots Left!

7 Comments:

Blogger Katou said...

Sure wished I lived closer to you; I would surely be there.

May 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's Kathy's birthday, you know - July 29th ;) I'd like to see if I could make it, despite having two goats due to kid right around August 1st. How much is the workshop, please?

June 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kismet: I have been searching online for the past 2 weeks for local soapmaking clases (have christened this The Summer To Bust Out Of My Routine) & the earliest I could find was this coming November. And now this!
Jenna, I reserved my spot last night and now am in the best mood today. Love having something to look forward to.

Jennifer

June 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger phaedra96 said...

Ditto!!

June 1, 2012 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

This workshop is 125, since it comes with soapmaking kits.

June 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger katiegirl said...

What do you mean by cold press soap? I make cold process soap, and I'm wondering what the "press" means?

June 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Yes, cold process. I always called it Cold Pressing though. Maybe because you let them set into their molds to cool? Cold Process/Cold Press means the same thing to me.

June 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home