Wednesday, May 2, 2012

POULTRY SWAP SUNDAY!!!!

This Sunday at the Schaghticoke Fairgrounds here in Veryork is the Annual Poultry Swap! This will be my fifth year attending this magical, messy, amazing event. The same event I wrote about in Barnheart, where I got my first goat, Finn. You can check it out, too! This Sunday, from the hours of 6AM-11AM Sunday morning the fairgrounds becomes a livestock third-world street market. Any and every kind of critter will be there for sale or barter, and the food, started vegetables, crafts, and atmosphere are worth it even if you are all set on the animal front.

For details, click here. And if you are going, best get there BEFORE 7AM. It's a literal animal house and anything worth buying will be gone by 7:15.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pit Stop Farm said...

I should DEFINITELY drive up for this! Only about a 4 hour drive. How far is it from Cold Antler?

May 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It's maybe half an hour southwest? really close!
come over for lunch after!

May 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger singinggardengirl said...

Sounds like fun! I wish there was something like that around here.

May 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger RamblinHome said...

I so wish! I need to see what we have in Maine that's similar, other than the all day auction every Monday...when I'm working.

May 3, 2012 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

What a wonderful event. Wish I lived closer! :)

May 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home