Wednesday, May 30, 2012

last night's blackout...


Blogger PansWife said...

If you get an Aladdin brand lamp you will not need all the others. They are a bit pricey, but I consider it one of the best homestead investments I ever made. I also now have one of their hanging lamps and the light is so wonderful we often skip the electrical version while eating dinner. Lehmann's sells them. Enjoy your world lit only by fire.

May 30, 2012 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger daisy said...

The woman is prepared!!!

May 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

a good choice for an electricity free night. :)

May 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Victoria said...

What a perfect choice! I blame my wanderlust on my dad reading me "The Hobbit" at a tender age. Who doesn't want to run out her door off into the wild blue yonder after treasure -- even with the prospect of dragons?

(And the movie trailer looks awesome. Here's hoping...)

May 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo & magical setting for the perfect read!

Kathleen M

May 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger artinthegardenstudio said...

Wouldn't mind having blackouts more often, huh. ;)

May 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger doglady said...

I used to love it when the power went out. Candles and kerosene lamps are so cozy and I loved the quiet. Now the people who built behind me have a generator pointed right at me so there is no more quiet.

May 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM  
OpenID domesteading said...

"In a hole, in the ground, there lived a Hobbit...." One of the greatest recordings ever made is the Nicol Williamson reading of the Hobbit (1974). I've read the book many times, but it's always his voice in my head that's saying the words.

May 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Love going to Middle Earth as often as I can! Even better, you went last night by candle light.

May 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger auntgrandma said...

I read Lord of the Rings in a blackout once..seems right and proper. Glad you all weathered the srorm well and in good company.

May 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger SWEETHEARTS MOM said...


May 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home