Sunday, May 6, 2012

best twenty bucks I spent all weekend

The Poultry Swap was a great success! I got two Royal Palm Toms (9 months old), an english saddle and saddle pad, tomato plants and shared my rig with Patty Wesner and Yesheva and her kids (children and goats) from Common Sense Farm. A big block party, a livestock tailgate fiasco of the greatest sort.

After the Poultry Swap we all rode back to Cold Antler and I caught the oldest ewe lamb, now a beefy twenty pounds and tail docked, to go live with the doelings at Common Sense. I was so proud to hand Yesheva that big-boned sheep. A sheep I bred right here at my own farm, from buying the ram last summer to shots and rubber bands. She's beautiful. I'll post a photo of her at her new home with her new shepherdess soon!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So positive; what a place to be; so glad for you. Jenna, you are one fine human bean!
Cindy K/Hampton, NH

May 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

That tom looks delicious. ;-)

May 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

That tom looks delicious. ;-)

May 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there and saw them. They were beautiful. I could only browse, but hopefully next year I can buy.
James, Hudson Falls NY

May 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger candisrrt said...

That is a great picture!!!

May 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I so wish I could find an event in Indiana like your Poultry Swap. I could get into sooo much trouble ... er .. I mean have sooo much fun!

May 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I LOVE this picture!

May 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger doglady said...

I went to the swap last year when visiting. It really is a great time and seemed like a reunion of sorts.

May 7, 2012 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger Big Sky Chicken Ranch and Victory Garden said...

What an AWESOME smile! Looks as if your face is trying to contain it, but it's too powerful!

Got my first turks in the brooder now - can't imagine them being that big!

May 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Big Sky Chicken Ranch and Victory Garden said...

Now that's an AWESOME smile. Looks as if your face is trying to contain it, but the positivity is so powerful, it just beams outward! Very inspriational, that grin. I've got my first ever turks in the brooder and can't imagine they will ever be that big.

May 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home