Sunday, April 29, 2012

meet francis


Blogger Water Lily said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Water Lily said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Water Lily said...

Not that it matters much of a hill of beans..... but Francis is the male spelling (my Dad's name). Frances is the female version of the name.

April 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Cheryl at The Cottage Times said...

She is such a pretty girl..Congrats on the new addition to your farm!

April 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

So what's the full name on her pedigree? I'm such a goat snob... I have to know bloodlines!! ;) She looks good though. Very dairy throughout with lots of openness. Good legs too, and her rump looks pretty decent. I think she'll do well for ya'. :)

April 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Her name on her pedigree is:

Running-Creek Easy Francis.

Boys name it is!

April 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger J.D. said...

Now am I correct that she won't produce milk until she breeds?

April 29, 2012 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger goatgirl said...

I like her!

April 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Angela Boyko said...

I don't care how Francis' name is spelled, she's cute!

April 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Me either Angela, she came with that name and that name stays!

I have never quarantined an animal.

April 29, 2012 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger katiegirl said...

Oberhaslis (not Olberhasis) are very closely related to Alpines, so I wouldn't be surprised if Francis gets as big as Bonita. That is, unless Bonita is freakishly big for an Alpine. Bonita will certainly be happier now with a buddy!

April 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

Nice pedigree! Those are some nice bloodlines she's got behind her.

April 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Jenna, I love your videos :) after this one I watched you talking Bonita for a walk, it cracked me up. So funny!

April 30, 2012 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Ok, just looking at the video and Francis IS small. From the other pictures she looked bigger. She is so sweet. And are they really that quiet? I never heard a thing out of either yet. How nice. So unlike my Nubian and some of the Lamancha. But the Nubian is LOUD.

April 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Water Lily said...

So... I've NEVER wanted goats, but you are making me think again. That chevre looks great and I love the idea of having my own milk. I love the fact that you try things, even when you're not sure. They say practice makes perfect. I love to read about your successes. And yes.... Francis is really cute. Do you think she'll give as much milk as Bonita does?

April 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just love these videos... first, Ms. Bonita looks like a giant next to new little Francis! I think within a week or so, Bonita will come to be her "big sis". I also love the part where Bonita stiffs Gibson and he goes flying out of the picture haha What a sweet life you have :)

p.s. glad you're ok after your little riding snafu! Cheers to you for getting right back on the saddle girl *high-five*

April 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger The Village Queen said...

Very cute goat, and certainly knows her place already! Have you gotten them things to climb on, stumps and such? All the other farm blogs I read that have goats show them climbing on all sorts of things... More farm tv for you!

April 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

What a doll!

May 1, 2012 at 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home