Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Greenhorns Events and Screenings!

Tomorrow night I'll be at Williams College in Williamstown Mass for the Book Launch Party of the new Greenhorns Book, a collection of essays by young farmers. As a contributor to the book, myself and another contributor/local farmer Luke from Quincy Farm will be there for readings and a Q&A. I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be a fun event with many young and enthusiastic college students and new farmers of all ages. There will be good local food, a movie, speakers and the whole shindig is Free!

And if you can't make it out tomorrow night, know that on June 29th there will be a Greenhorns Screening and Book party right here in Veryork, hosted by Battenkill Books, Cold Antler, Bedlam Farm, and others! You can come and see the movie, buy a signed copy of The Greenhorns, and enjoy a day here in Upstate New York with writers and farmers. It won't be at Battenkill Books, probably at the Freight Depot (our town took a debunked railroad station and turned it into a community arts center) but I plan on being there with Gibson and I think Jon and Maria will be there as well. It'll be a downright hootenanny.

More Greenhorns Info and Events!

More Battenkill Books info and Events!

8 Comments:

Blogger Farmlady Wannabe said...

It is a hope engendering dream come true seeing the young folks teaming up with the land in this way!

April 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM  
OpenID kindsofhoney said...

Have fun! Such a great collaboration. Greenhorns are great.

April 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Melina said...

The Greenhorns are a couple of blocks down from us. I missed their young farmers gathering. Robert attended. He gave some bunny feed to the bunnies there. They in turn gave him the movie DVD. It is a great movie. Wish I could be there tomorrow but I have professor obligations again. Looking forward to the book.

April 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger TwoBlueHeelers said...

This sounds like a wonderful event. The book and movie will be intriguing, but to meet the people and feel that synergy would be awesome. I wish so much that we were closer to you!
Feeling like the Last Homely House out here in Missouri...

April 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger English sheep gal said...

Hope the event goes well, wish I could be there. Do you know if the documentary will be available on DVD in future? I preordered a signed copy of the book from Connie at Battenkill Books earlier this week, as well as a copy of Chick Days for a friends birthday gift. Glad to be able to support CAF, and Battenkill Books in this way - I felt quite proud ignoring the Chick Days in Barnes & Noble knowing the copy I ordered was supporting local businesses. Hannah

April 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a nice surprise to see that a few of the farmers featured are in my 'area'. Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz. Looking forward to the finished piece. Thanks for sharing with us:)

April 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Rane said...

I truely dream of the day I can be greenhorn. I have a small army of kiddos.. it would be so good for them. It is just as with all things in this world it takes what I just dont have... money. We owe so much I could never dream to own or even rent a farm. It breaks my heart to even think about it. I hate raising my kids in the city. So I will keep reading and watching you, keep dreaming and daydreaming. You are amazing and your energy and determination is inspiring. Thank you for sharing all you do.<3

April 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Rane said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home