Wednesday, April 18, 2012

called in the pros!

Gave Jim McRae a call, says the New York shearing day will be soon, which is great news. By "New York" Day he means that he'll spend a day traveling around my area to several small farms with smaller flocks. Since I only have 13 sheep to shear, he can knock them out in around an hour and be on his way to another farm nearby, making his trip south to us worth it for his business. Things have cooled down from those weird 90-degree highs, so the flock is more comfortable. Still, I want some naked sheep, and soon. I have wool to mill!

photo by tim bronson

3 Comments:

OpenID explore said...

Plus, Jim co-owns and runs the best camera repair shop in Vermont!
http://vermontcamera.com/

April 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth from the Berkshires said...

Thirteen sheep in one hour! I'd love to see that!!!!

April 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Tiffrz-N-Kidz said...

The Texas version is happening this weekend as well.

After wrestling my most docile ewe for well over an hour and having her only 1/2 sheared and looking like she had been mauled by coyotes, when she actually kicked the shears out of my hands sending them flying to the driveway and chipping the blades, I finally realized I needed professional help.

April 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home