Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Twilight Knitter's Farm Potluck! Raise a Barn!

I am officially inviting you to....A Twilight Knitter's Picnic and Potluck Farm Fundraiser! Here's what I have planned! Come to Cold Antler this June 23rd to enjoy a day dedicated to wool, sheep, wool craft, food, and the farm. There will not be a workshop involved, just an open-house day to set up your own camp in the pasture or lawn and enjoy an all day feast board of shared food, knitting projects, and animals. Bring a campsite and conversation. Talk about your farm, or farm dreams and knit until the torches are lit at dusk and the fireflies come out and dance. Everyone who comes along that afternoon can plan on bringing chairs and a blanket and a covered dish and I'll have the bbq fired up for brats and dogs and burgers, and the whole day will just be about conversation, knitting projects, farms, vitamin D, and a day spent with friends to catch some sun and enjoy good food. Wh
 
I'll have the drum carder and drop spindles ready to use and teach, to anyone interested in learning on the fly. There will be a bucket of soaking wool, and some yarn and books to buy from CAF sheep. Merlin may be back at the farm by this point, or not, but Jasper will be there to accept all the apples and carrots you can offer and we could do a harness demo with him.
 
Note that it will be an outdoor event in summer. While there will be shade, cold water, and a running stream there will not be indoor events or air conditioning. Good children are welcome, as this is a private party, but know that they can never be unattended due to large animals with hooves and electric fences.

As the day wraps up there will be a campfire and a movie. Bring your blankets to the area in front of the red barn and we'll project a movie from a projector up onto a sheet on the barn wall after dark, and let the fireflies glow. We'll watch Babe while eating pie and ice cream. Instruments and homebrew welcome for the late night revelry after the little ones are home.
 
This will be a fundraiser to help build the new horse paddock for Merlin and Jasper, so there will be a donation requested. This is for people who want to enjoy a day out with like minds, support CAF, and help put two horses in their new home. Email me to sign up!

jenna@itsafarwalk.com

12 Comments:

Blogger Flartus said...

Just want to tell you I'm loving Tim's photos of Merlin! He's obviously got a soft spot for horses, too (or at least for this particular one.)

March 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM  
OpenID barntalkblog said...

Sounds like a grand time!

-Autumn

March 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Awww, I wish we could come! June is a great time to get the heck out of Texas, and that sounds really lovely.

March 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger DarcC said...

I'm so there.

March 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am so there with my spinning wheel!

March 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Firecracker Farm said...

Ummm...Let me think for about .5 seconds. Okay, I'm in!

March 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger T.J. said...

Hi Jenna,
I somehow found my way here by a link related to not using dryers-long story! Anyway, this space is wonderful and I've already been sucked in much longer than I should have today ;)

We have a bit in common if I'm reading all this right- I live in Bondville, Vt right by Stratton AND I grew up in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania- I even ran XC races against Palmerton in high school and college (Moravian!):).

What you are doing on your farm is both amazing and inspiring!!!
TJ

March 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM  
OpenID elizabethselena said...

ohhh Jenna- inspiring me for years...while i am busy on my own farm in Washington State (just planted the strawberries and wove a soon to be leafy textile of raspberry canes today), but if I was on the east coast, I would so be there with scraps of fur and a big basket of cheesy, herby biscuits! Thank you for blogging faithfully these past couple years- you are the reason my hands are so dirty today. Honestly.

-from Elizabeth, another 29yr old on another coast living out some other dreams :)

March 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger MollyKnits said...

Sounds like so much fun, but alas, kind of a long haul from where I live. But, my baby chicks are here and doing great.

March 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger pawsfurme said...

Even though I can't knit I would looove to be up there for that event. I'm actually more interested in how raw fiber makes its way into being yarn. At this point, the only way I could is if I get word from a Nigerian breeder up north saying she has a doe in milk waiting for me to pick up that same weekend. Here's to hoping!

March 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger macbew said...

I live in Ky so it's a little far for me, but I do wish I could. I do have a question(even though I can't come)you mentioned setting up a campsite but it kind of sounded,at the end of the post,like it was a one day event. I hope everyone who can go has a great time, regardless of how long it lasts!!!

March 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger jojo said...

I would love to be there but my baby is due June 21st and I shouldn't be traveling :( If you have a repeat I am definately there!!

March 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home