Saturday, March 10, 2012

Support CAF, sign up for webinars!

In anticipation of the next webinar: Wool Processing sheep-to-Spindle—I thought I would share the last webinar, Dulcimer 101 in its entirety. For those unsure of what I am talking about, the CAF Webinar series is 10 15-half-hour long web lessons in homesteading skills. This first lesson was about the mountain dulcimer, some homemade music for your own farm or family. The one that will be released in the next few days is based on the Black Sheep Wool Workshops held here at the farm (summer picnic versions announced soon) and so you will learn to wash, dry, card, and prepare wool for spinning. What's different about these webinars is that you also learn more about me, the farm, and see into the life of Cold Antler a little more than the blog can offer. Sometimes I just plain talk to the camera, like coffee around old friends. I love filming them, and sharing them, and while they certainly aren't top of the line film creations (I use my 2005 iMac) they are worth the investment. You get to support the farm, keep this blog and dream alive, learn something, and when they are all done for the 2012 season.

Join anytime and you'll get links to the episodes you missed. Coming this spring and summer is homebrewing, rabbits, chickens, and raised beds. To sign up you donate $100 for the ten 2012 episodes to the farm, using the donate button on the blog under the heart graphic, and leave a message with the email address you want your webinars sent too. I use private Youtube links, which you can download and save to your computer (I have been told!). Thank you, if you have already signed up. I know the wait for episode two has been longer than anticipated, but I promise you those ten episodes by 2013. You may get three in one month without weekend workshops, but they will all get to your inbox covering a variety of topics taught here in person throughout the year.

P.S. When watching these longer videos, start them playing and then hit pause until they are at least halfway loaded. It will stop it from pausing to buffer and make it more enjoyable.

7 Comments:

Blogger From the Country Farm said...

Jenna, you inspire and amaze me all the time, thank you.

March 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Jenna, that was wonderful! Now this 65 yr old has to decide if being an urban resident(no farm...no garden,yet) will I benefit? Looks promising.

March 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger k said...

thanks for this Jenna. I had planned to buy a dulcimer earlier this year but then a broken wrist (and subsequent surgery) made me postpone my plans since i couldn't do much at all with that hand. I'm slowly getting back into it though, and you've reminded me that I really do want to learn to play!

March 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Odie Langley said...

What a wonderful time this was on my saturday afternoon after lunch. I don't have a dulcimer but I feel that I actually learned a lot from your video. You are an inspiring woman. Keep on keeping on girl.

March 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Maery Rose said...

Loved the video. It is difficult to lug a piano camping so this has some possibilities.

March 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Mare said...

Hi Jenna, So, i have NEVER played an instrument...ever. But i have always wanted to. It is on my "bucket list". You have introduced me to the Mountain Dulcimer and i haven't been this excited about learning to play an instrument ever! I am playing that song you taught us in my head! Do you have any suggestions on where i can buy a mountain dulcimer? I live in Cohoes, near Albany NY...I have a few email out there waiting for reply from local music shops..I am so impatient! Thanks so much Jenna...You have inspired me! love, mare

March 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM  
OpenID cathmiller said...

I watched the video and ordered my Black Mountain Appalachian Dulcimer, that night it arrived down under yesterday, I turned off the TV and played 9 different songs!! Not sure there are many Appalachian Dulcimer players in Australia. I was going to learn the piano this year, but this is even better.

March 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home