Friday, March 23, 2012

arrows and antlers

If you live near my farm (and are over 18 years old) you are welcome to come to my local SCA chapter's Archery Practice this Sunday from 1-3PM here at Cold Antler. We'll be setting up targets and a range for team practice, but beginners to archery are welcome as well as people interested in the SCA. Glenn Linn, my shire, goes nearly to Albany and north to Glens Falls. We hold practice all over the county, but are trying to have some more events south so people who don't feel like driving to Queensbury can give it a shot (pun intended). Meet the two archery marshals, T'mas and Eric and give an English Longbow a try. There will be smiling people, nice weather, and a light board of snacks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Well, this is strange. A whole new posting place. I just posted but it is not showing up. I'll try again.

I like the names of the towns up there. Very whimsical. I hope y'all have fun Saturday.

March 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

Hope everyone has a great time!

March 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Ellen Rathbone said...

OH, there are times I miss my SCA days (The Canton of Marwick in the Barony of Settmour Swamp - in New Joisey back in the '90s). Had a great time doing archery at Pennsic the year Pennsic "came of age." The clout shoot was my favorite event. Enjoy it.

March 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger L said...

Thought you might enjoy this article in the New Yorker about "Girl Hunters" http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/03/girl-hunters-hunger-games.html

March 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home